AK extra hour Sunday Sept 20 only?

Very weird, I just got an alert that AK closing time got moved from 5pm to 6pm but for Sunday only. It is probably for other days too, but none inside my very soon to start trip. Very weird they’d break the perfectly consistent hours for all day at all parks rule. Wonder why?

Any hazards anyone can think of doing a swap with another park so I could get that extra hour at AK. It doesn’t really matter which park since the rest are all the same. I know to avoid Epcot and DHS on weekends is all.

Last minute changes scare me as I fear I can’t think of an un-intended consequence. Any good suggestions or advice? Park availablity looks good as I’m staying at a hotel with dated tickets.

will

2 Likes

That is so weird! I just looked at the official website and sure enough 9/20 is listed as 9:00-6:00 for AK. It feels like a mistake to me, but who knows. We made last minute changes to our park reservations in August and there were no issues. Where were you going to go that day?

Julianne_fki: I currently have MK for that day and AK currently Saturday, so was just thinking of an MK/AK swap. Interesting point on it maybe an error. I leave tomorrow, so this would definitely be a last-minute change!

will

We changed our Sunday reservation on Saturday, and our Tuesday reservation on Monday. So you can get even more last minute if you have to!

Julianne_fki: Not quite following your changes. Which parks did you swap which day?

will

Dang! Too slow! Just went to park availability and AK now shows no availability for the 20th for all three group types! Bad news I wasn’t fast, but maybe good news is avoiding a park that just went to full capacity!

will

Wow! When we were there, we decided Saturday afternoon to change our Sunday reservation from MK to HS. But the parks were no where near capacity except for HS.

@beals5 posted about this yesterday. He was considering changing his reservation to AK to take advantage of the extra hour. But evidently everyone else had the same idea, because it was no longer available. It does seem like an error. I wonder if they fix it if a bunch of people are going to switch back to other parks. Very strange.

1 Like

Another unique instance:

Very weird, but alas after my trip is over. Will be interesting to see if the park hits capacity for that day too, like AK did.

will

Not sure where to put this but, new hours!

1 Like