AK announcement at D23? What would you like to see?

This is facts! :clap: EE is my favorite Disney coaster. I don’t think they need IP but it looks like the execs might.

2 Likes

But…Kali is themed to conservation.

Your point about Indy is true. I was thinking of a South American tie-in…but there is no actual animal nor conservation tie-in, so perhaps not such a good idea after all.

I just hope they don’t go in a direction that takes AK away from what it is meant to be. We have seen that done at HS and EP… don’t have AK lose its way as well! (And yes, I think both Encanto and Zootopia would be AK losing its way.)

I would like to see a lot more conservation focused attractions in AK. One of the podcasts I listen to throws out so many ideas.

2 Likes

They could make an Encanto themed Meet and Greet area or story telling area without doing a whole ride.

2 Likes

True. And…if they did South America, it could make sense to have Kevin show up there instead of the area in front of the Tree of Life.

4 Likes

I hope it’s Zootopia, there’s so much scope there.

2 Likes

Aside from Joe Rohde’s vocal opposition… Zootopia the land in Shanghai is actually a human-like cityscape, with anthropomorphic animals playing the part of humans. It just doesn’t fit the feel of AK. Of course, neither did Dinoland…

Anyhow, having a city skyline as part of AK just feels so disjointed from the rest of the park.

2 Likes

I believe the idea of changing Dinosaur to Indy was having Indy on some kind of dinosaur archaelogical adventure.

BUT given the time travel plot in the latest Indy movie, they could have him in the midst of a dinosaur adventure quite easily - and cheaply too.

3 Likes

You know where Zootopia would fit nicely? Gutting the Animation Courtyard at HS and making it a Zootopia land. The Animation Courtyard today is pretty much wasted space at the moment.

8 Likes

I agree about wanting to keep it within the original vision. I realized that I would be better with a land that fits the theme of the park (like South America) with a ride that is less of a good fit, rather than an entire land that just feels disjointed (like zootopia) if that makes sense.

3 Likes

I’ve always thought Zootopia would be a better fit at HS.

3 Likes

Kali’s conservation theme was massively toned down after the last major refurb, when the whole ant-logging theme got lost. It could have been, and was meant to be, so much better.

As for dinosaurs, they’re universally popular and it seems daft to get rid of them even if Dinoland itself becomes extinct.

The dinosaur ride could also easily be re-themed to an IP that includes the dinosaur animatronics - preferably once they were restored to actually work properly.

Or just use the basic ride layout and make it fit something animal based. No reason why Moana couldn’t be used and make it about the ocean in general or Polynesia or whatever I guess. Just as long as it’s more than just Under the Sea mark 2.

I am firmly in the camp of Zootopia being nothing to do with real animals, or even mythical ones - AK’s original remit included mythical beasts but that was shelved early on. Just like Cats and Dogs or Underdog or Garfield or Spy Dogs aren’t actually about animals. They’re stories that use animals as the characters. BIG difference IMO. But with the popularity worldwide there’s an inevitability about it.

4 Likes

I know that there is already and adventure land in MK so maybe not using the same name but the concept is what I am looking at. I am all for Indy replaceing dinosaur even though I love it as is…i really live Indiana Jones. Then othe adventure type IP. Other than Indy, I Think like Rescue Rangers, Up, the rescuers, Duck tales…all these wonderful adventure type movies that disney does so well that I think would be awesome and an easy transition from what it is now. Also think that the theming would fit nicely into AK

Eta…the boneyard must Stay…but can be rethemed. My kids could spend hours there. Even now that they are older!

3 Likes

I’ve seen on some maps that there is a play yard between Rainforest Cafe and Discovery Island. Has anyone see it, used it? Is it part of the resturant or park, or both?

1 Like

From the map on the WDW site it’s accessed from a path just beside the lockers in Oasis. So not connected to the Rainforest Cafe. You can zoom in on the map.

I haven’t been to it nor even noticed the path!

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/destinations/animal-kingdom/

1 Like

There already is a Moana meet & greet at AK.

And whoever was wanting sloths, there already are sloths in the Oasis animal exhibits.

2 Likes

Our warehouse is rocking out to Disney music today (someone’s kids were ‘helping’ in the warehouse) - which had my wheels turning while I was pulling lists.

It isn’t quite the right dragon…but to incorporate the dragon…they could utilize Raya. If they insist on IP.

2 Likes

I really want a map the animals in the Oasis and on discovery island.

2 Likes

Or maybe not. I thought there were some but :no_good_woman: Thee should be though!

Maybe it is because they are so hard to see! Looks like they had them but don’t any longer…

2 Likes