Air Tag question

There was one article I found that gave more specifics.

But of the several I read, this was the only one that gave actual data on occurrences.

There are just so many ways to do the same thing, so Apple is smart to put the alerts on, because it will shift the perpetrators from using their tech. It won’t eliminate the problem though because there is plenty of similar tech.

3 Likes

I am definitely a worst case scenario kind of person. Borderline paranoid. It’s not a fun place to be, but I manage ok.

2 Likes

A Good Read On Trafficking

For the most part, traffickers don’t want middle class white kids that seem to have good family structure. The vast, vast majority of people that are brought into trafficking come from foster care, group homes, runaways, etc. Its far too much work to steal a kid from a family who has the resources and privilege available to make a huge uproar. Way easier to steal/recruit someone who is less likely to be missed. Indigenous people and minorities are much more likely to become victims. A lot of what we see in the news about trafficking is deeply rooted in stereotypes and othering.

5 Likes

It’s totally me, too. And my husband.
It hasn’t been helped that in our homeschool friend circle, we have an FBI agent, a DEA agent, and a major crimes detective. We’ve moved now, but I couldn’t even listen to their stories if I ever wanted to go shopping again.

1 Like

Two of my kids work in retail. I wish I had time to type some of their shoplifting stories. They are funny sometimes, and quite scary at other times.

3 Likes

I tried searching in Google Play Store for “tracker detect” but the top result was “Tracker Detect Pro for Air Tag” by Air Tech Studio. I’ve tried to search for the one you mention, but with no luck. I’ve tried searching on my laptop for info to compare the two, without finding much useful yet.

Can you point me in the direction of just “Tracker Detect”? Or is what I have, just an updated version?

This is the one by Apple

1 Like

I know, but when I search on my Android for “Tracker Detect by Apple” it never found it, in the 200+ results. Oh well.

Just click on that link on your device and it will take you to the correct app. No need to search.

Ah, I had to go to my phone’s Lines to go to the forum from there (which I never do). Thanks for that link. It came up, along with a warning that “Your device isn’t compatible with this version.”

BTW, I think I may have found something to help explain my difficulties: Wikipedia said it was for Android version 9.0 or later. I have 8.0 (on a Samsung Galaxy 6).

1 Like