Age-restriction for purchasing Genie+

Hi everyone! Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I haven’t see this addressed specifically yet. Does anyone know of age-based restrictions within MDE that wouldn’t allow a teenager to purchase G+ or ILL$ on their own? I seem to recall that if you are under 18, MDE won’t let you make purchases in the app (other than paying for Mobile Order with a GC) so I am thinking this would apply to G+ and ILL$ purchases too. I know there are solutions to this (if it IS true) such as having an adult with a valid park pass/ticket who is a “Friend” in MDE make the purchase and select the teen as the person the G+ or ILL$ purchase is being made for. Just wanting to see if this is going to be a necessity for an upcoming school trip a teen will be going on. Thanks for everyone’s help in advance!

1 Like

Not sure about the answer but your teen and his/her friends might be fine waiting in lines. Also, not everyone will know about or want to spend the extra money on a school trip. DD did a high school trip to Disney and most kids didn’t even book the free fastpasses. They just wanted to be together. They weren’t a Dumbo or Die group like most of us on here are.

There aren’t any age restrictions on children authorized by parents/guardians to use MBs associated to a room:/credit card.

1 Like

If you are staying on property, you can authorize your children to be able to make purchases using their MB. The purchases would be charged to your room. Conversely you can ask the CMs at the front desk to block your children from being allowed to make purchases on MB. But if you’ve given them access to your MDE account they would have access to any payment you set up on that account.

Yep in DL the age restriction for MO was decreased from 18 to 13 in 2020.

1 Like