Afternoon with no park tickets

My husband and I will be spending an afternoon on WDW property before leaving for a cruise next spring. Here’s what I’m thinking I’d like to do:

Bus from Pop Century to DTD (World of Disney, Pin trading, marketplace co-op, dinner?)
Bus from DTD to AKL (Zebra Domes and see animals!)
Bus from AKL to MK, To TTC
Take Monorail Loop through Epcot
Take Monorail to GF (watch fireworks)
Back to Pop Century (monorail to MK then bus OR bus to HS then bus)

Any suggestions for changes or a dinner location? I’m not sure if we should plan on eating at DTD or at AKL. I think we will be checking into the hotel at around 2:30.

I’d consider eating dinner at one of AKL fine TS. Boma for fun buffet with huge selection, Sanaa for animal viewing if it is light out, or Jiko for a fine dining experience.

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot to do in just one afternoon. I think you should probably do your top choices first and then see if you have time for the rest. If you can get dinner at a resort that has views of Magic Kingdom, you can eat and watch the fireworks in one place. California Grill or O’hana would be good choices for that.

This is what we ended up doing, which covered pretty much everything:

Pop Century was the first stop. We got to Pop but our room was not ready. We ate lunch at the hotel food court (veggie burger and fries). Our room was ready when we were done with lunch (60’s building by Mowgli and Baloo) so we dropped off our stuff and took a bus to AK then to AKL.

We looked around the lobby at AKL for a bit and walked to Mara for zebra domes. We watched animals and saw giraffes, deer, zebras, and some others.

After that, we took a bus to DTD for some pin shopping, world of disney, marketplace, etc. We ate dinner at Wolfgang puck (goat cheese pizza and veggie roll) then took the bus to contemporary.

We walked quickly to MK to watch fireworks and got there just in time to watch from just outside the gates.

We rode the monorail to TTC, then another monorail to Epcot to see Spaceship Earth.

Then we took bus to back to Pop, organized our bags, and went to bed.

1 Like

WOW! You got lots done!