After hours

Hi all, tell me all about your experiences with the after hours at MK. Is it worth the cost? Are the crowds really low?
Thanks!

I have been to both the AK and MK after hours. I enjoyed both of them but MK had more snack carts throughout the park and easier availability to purchase food. Of course, MK had many more attractions available too.

2 Likes

Is it the Villains After Hours or the regular one?

I have only done the MK after hours (regular, not villain) and it was worth every penny. We have an upcoming trip in March and we are absolutely budgeting to do the Villains after hours party.
We found the crowds low and were able to meet 9 characters and ride 9 rides when we were there last year for After Hours. Loved it!!

2 Likes

We’ve done MK after hours a couple times and loved it. My DH (who is not a big Disney fan) even enjoyed it because of the low crowds. Totally worth it to us.

1 Like

I’ve done MK after hours (regular) and think it was worth every penny. Very low crowds, most rides are walk on and there are many rides available. We’re doing it again next month – it’s awesome. The only thing I found was that at the very start, the Fantasyland rides had a higher wait that other rides across the park. I’d probably do those later in the night and enjoy other attractions first.

2 Likes

Regular.

1 Like

We loved the regular DAH at MK in February! It was great for our kids - they could ride their favorite ride over and over (which isn’t always doable during regular park hours). DH and I have VDAH booked for this coming February. Can’t wait!

1 Like

I’ve done both AK and MK after hours. It is one of my fav ways to do the parks especially because I prefer the parks at night. I’m doing MK AH again on my trip in January.
If you plan it right you can ride your favorite rides over and over with no wait. The crowds were so low on my September trip that I was alone on my third banshee flight.
I rode 7DMT as many times as I wanted. I think it was 4 or 5. I rode big thunder, pirates, jungle cruise and haunted mansion. I loved riding the carousel almost alone at night next to the lit up castle. Eating cheese fries at Casey’s corner looking at the castle. It’s magical. But, don’t tell too many people. I like my quiet piece of heaven.

1 Like

Lmao I didn’t mean to add the photo of the toy soldiers hahaha So weird that got onto the post.

Hi everyone…I purchased an MK AH ticket for January 13th via Disney’s website, received a confirmation email, and linked the AH ticket to my account in MDE…is that all I need to do to show that I have admission to the event? Is there something else I should have received in the mail (like a lanyard), or since I was able to link the purchase to my MDE account, do I just need to scan my MagicBand at each ride that night? Thanks so much for your help!!!

You won’t get anything in the mail. If they are still doing lanyards (they did when we did MK 2 years ago, but not when we did AK last year), you get them upon arrival to the park.

You’ll get a wristband at the park, no MagicBand scanning at rides required. They clear the park based on wristbands.