After Hours Villians Party Questions & Thoughts

If part of the event is more show and stage show driven than character meet and greets, will people stay in the parks without a ticket to watch the shows? Do people do that with MNSSHP and MVMCP and just not ride rides? Not wanting to stay late for us without a ticket but wondering if that affects crowds. Are there TPs for those holiday themed parties?

You get ushered out.

There’s usually an hour between park close and the start of the events, plenty of time for those without wristbands to be ushered out of the park.

I have my eye on this. I’ve read the “rumours” about what it will be like. We’ve never done an after hours event and I’m not sure what to expect with regards to which rides will be open

Well, I’ve been waiting weeks now for DAH for MK on July 11 to be released, and now it’s the new villain theme. Hoping to still go but I am not sure I’d be interested in watching a show. I hope the same number of rides work still be open and the same number of tickets sold for regular DAH rather than overcrowding this “special ticketed event!”

and the same number of tickets sold for regular DAH rather than overcrowding this “special ticketed event!”

I was wondering the same thing! MK DAH happens to be on our arrival day and I’m considering cancelling our EMM reservation and doing DAH instead, but I’m not sure it’s worth the cost if it’s really crowded.

1 Like

As I said in my thread, I’ve got a tough choice.

For my stay, it is offered 7/18. The day I have the Illuminations package booked at Epcot - and it’s not available on the 19th which is the only other night I could do it (way too much at AK on my birthday to even think about moving that around).

This trip will (likely) be my last time to see Illuminations - and being solo having that guaranteed spot that was so coveted Disney finally monetized it is an awesome thought. When you’re solo, while yes, you can squeeze into smaller places, if you have to use the bathroom or get thirsty once you’re on the rail, you’re stuck without losing your spot.

But I would LOVE to do this After Hours!!!

I don’t know what to do!!!

1 Like

Zero interest. I have never understood the fascination with villains.

Maybe you can monorail over after Illuminations. I do not know the party hours though. That would be a fun night if MK is open late.

That occurred to me as my cat was preventing sleep last night.

But then I realized that I have a 6:45am flight that morning and will have to be leaving my apartment by 2…so the Illuminations package then back to the room to sleep is probably a good option.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for DAH as well. I’m annoyed that they did this. I’m afraid it will draw more people and the “benefit” will be lost. I have no interest in villians. I was also wondering if the food “available for purchase” means they are planning to get rid of the free snacks? The post didn’t mention anything about snacks being provided.

Yes it does.

From the Disney Parks Blog article’s opening paragraphs…

"Disney After Hours has been a huge success with guests looking for the opportunity to experience the magic at Magic Kingdom Park after the sun goes down. Today, I’m excited to share a new reason to delve into the delights of Disney After Hours this summer – Disney Villains will add a wicked twist to Disney After Hours event nights June 6-August 8!

In case you aren’t familiar, Disney After Hours is a special event that’s open to a limited number of guests and offers low wait times at more than 20 attractions and experiences after the park closes to day guests, from classics like the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Space Mountain, to newer favorites like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, plus many more. Event tickets also allow entry as early as 7 p.m., which gives you time to enjoy fireworks before heading off to the attractions. Ice cream novelties, popcorn and select bottled beverages are also included in the cost of admission."

(Bolding mine)

2 Likes

Well, the wording on wait time is different for this new DAH than it is for all the others. The villain DAH advertises “low wait time” while the old DAH and the ones for AK and HS advertise “little to no wait time”…hmmm…

1 Like

Probably got complaints that people had to wait at all and so changed it.

Also, with no character greetings, that is going to put people wandering or doing rides so that would naturally bump up ride lines a bit.

Kenny the Pirate was told that the tickets sold number 3,000 for those wondering about crowd levels.

1 Like

Is that for every DAH event including the new villain one as well as regular MK and HS, AK. If so, then that’s a relief. :blush:

1 Like

He only mentioned the number in reference to people asking on his website about the Villain one.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m curious as to how that compares to the number of tickets available for the other DAH events.

1 Like