After Hours Event at HS

Hi All. Would love to hear about recent experiences at AH at DHS. What did you think? Worth the money? I’m particularly interested in whether TOT was included in the event. It is not listed on the MDE description. I feel like the ability to ride TOT multiple times at night would be a big plus. We did AH at DAK back in 2019 and loved it, so just hoping to have another similar experience.

Thanks for any input!

We did it in March and I liked it! It was a short trip for us and that was basically our only DHS time.

ToT was open but we never rode it because the wait never dropped significantly in the first 2/3 of the night. Rise was down at the beginning of the event which I think drove the waits up across the board. And then MMRR was down for the second half of the night.

We didn’t have any kids with us and we were there from 7pm until closing and I thought it was a good value. There were no lines for characters which didn’t really interest us too much. The layout of DHS is just annoying that we never got back to Sunset Blvd later in the night because were were constantly criss crossing between Batuu and Andy’s Backyard to chase lower waits.

4 Likes

I thought I was the only who thought this because I’ve never read anyone else mentioning it until your post.

We do this every HS visit.

2 Likes

You are not alone! We got dumped out of Fantasmic right next to ToT (which I still think is really, really dumb on a regular park close night) but after we had walked all the way down Sunset we had no desire to go back late in the night.

3 Likes

Part of my challenge for planning HS is trying not to get stuck down Hollywood Blvd and then also trying to make GOTG, MMRR and TSL into a loop. The worst is getting all the way down Hollywood Blvd to have your ride go down.

We are doing HS after hours in June and looking forward to it. We plan on riding TOT as many times as possible from 11:45 until close :laughing: We are willing to walk down there at opening or closing.

1 Like

Incorporating GOTG into your HS plan is going to be a challenge :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed. I was on five meetings from 10 until 2 and my brain is fried. The Gs in SWGE and GOTG seemed to confuse my typing fingers, which decided not to connect to my brain.

3 Likes

Oh goodness no!

It’s the smallest park and the hardest to tour because nothing connects

1 Like

Uncle Walt did the spoke and wheel for a reason. :blush:

Plus I always feel the mouse’s hand in my wallet more in this park. :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Seems like these After Hours are a mixed bag! We’re going end of July. Hoping to be able to ride all the rides once…but also being realistic about it.

1 Like

We went to one a year ago, so maybe too long for your purposes. We had a great time! Nothing was down except RNRC and that was planned to be down. We entered as soon as we were able and went to ride ToT first. Unfortunately, we didn’t make it back that way. It’s such a dead end! But we rode:

ToT
ST
Rise x 2
MFSR x 2
ASS
SDD x 2
TSMM x 2 (Didn’t even get off!)
MMRR x2

We also waiting in line at Starbucks, had a light meal at ABC Commissary, had 2 each ice cream treats, 2 each bottled water, and 1 each popcorn. It was really, really fun!

2 Likes

I would be thrilled if my night looked like yours!!!

2 Likes

I think that if Rise hadn’t been down the overall wait times would probably have been lower. We definitely did everything that we wanted to though!

(I was once quoted in the Wall Street Journal complaining about Rise being down at rope drop, so WDW gets back at me by ensuring Rise is down during substantial parts of my visits. Always.)

4 Likes

#MyBrushWithFame

Oh. Oops.

:rofl:

4 Likes

We did AH during Spring Break week in March. Took advice and got to the park early to do the shows and we did the Fantasmic Dinner Package. Fantasmic lets out right at ToT so we did it first and it was a 25 minute wait at 9:30. Went to the other side of the park and we were a walk on for everything but Slinky Dog. RoR had issues, so we missed most of the cool stuff in the line because they had to take us a back way to get into the ride, but it was only a 10 minute wait. I think it was worth it for us since the week was so packed.

3 Likes

Thanks for this report!

We’re thinking of going in July too!!

Thanks, all. I think we’re going to give it a whirl. Will report back.

1 Like

Please do share how it goes!