After Hours and Park Closing

Decided to go ahead and book DAH at AK in February now that DH is coming along (he hates crowds and rushing) in addition to Villain DAH at MK.

On our AK DAH night, the park closes at 8. DAH runs from 9-12. Same for MK - park closes at 8, HEA is at 8 and DAH runs from 9-12.

Last February, DAH ran from 8-11 with the park closing at 8. We had the DP to watch HEA and it for sure cut into our event time so I’m excited about the hour gap between park close and the event’s start time. My question is do they allow the DAH folks to enter and ride rides during that 8-9 pm hour with their DAH wristbands?

1 Like

dah guests can enter the park at 7:00 pm. and, in my experience, yes, you can ride the rides during the time between official park close and dah start. :grinning:

2 Likes

We have done DAH at each of three parks that offered it and the only park that made us wait to ride anything until the event actually started was AK. We walked up to Dinosaur at 8:27 and they wouldn’t let us ride. We literally just stood there until exactly 8:30. That was not our experience at MK and HS.

How do they know you’re not just a regular day customer who hasn’t exited yet? (I’m assuming that the park was still open to others until that time?)

No the park closed at 8 pm so we had nothing to do for that 30 minutes. It was weird and not at all what we experienced at the other DAH events

Very weird. We have done the Villains After Hours and the HS After Hours and as you noted, they didn’t work like that. Good to know, because we’re doing the AK one in February! Thanks!

1 Like

When I did AK after hours and MK AH In September there was no gap and you could enter at 7:00.
Make sure you eat dinner beforehand, not much food is available. That was the only problem I always ran into with my late nights. I would eat an early dinner but be hungry at the end of AH but nothing would be open.

1 Like

I’m glad @Dreamer’s experience doesn’t seem to be the norm!! That is so weird to me that they did that.

I’m really glad they’ve spaced the event out a little bit from park close. And thanks @NaviHeart. It’s just DH and me so I have signature dinners booked before both events in the 5:00 hour.

2 Likes

I’m glad too. We went in April so I’m really happy to hear they have changed things.

1 Like