After Hours @ AK May 7th CANCELLED

$214pp IIRC

1 Like

It is also possible Disney shot themselves in the foot by waiting so long to add the DAH events that people already had their plans. Some people are willing to adapt…bit maybe not enough. At least not for the early event.

2 Likes

I was floored when DLR had the special opening for Pixar Pier (which had NOTHING new, just rethemed rides and even then all the rides are still not open) and they charge $350.

3 Likes

Out of their gourdes I tell ya.

2 Likes

:confounded:

I was sort of thinking about it. I was going to wait until the last minute to decide though. If it was sold out I didn’t want to pay that much money. We can buy a lot of ice cream for $100/person!

1 Like

Then again, if it was sold out, you wouldn’t be going either. :wink:

1 Like

True, but I don’t want to buy early and it be sold out and crowded.

1 Like

That’s nuts.

Oh no. Did you have this booked @bethro23?

No. We aren’t going until October - just saying bummer for whoever did

2 Likes

This was the case for me. I would have to rearrange all my FastPasses and ADRs that I already got and there is no way I could do that with the hard to get ones for our May trip. I did buy DAH for June because I didn’t have FPPs yet.

I wonder if the May 7th date - and the Star Wars event at Epcot - were just too soon for people to plan. If you’re going, your plans are already set. If you’re not, it’s very last minute (and availability may be tight)

So I wonder if release date was too close to event date more than the cost of things?

3 Likes

Isn’t’ it comforting to know they will learn from this experiences. Er. :smile:

1 Like

That could well be true. Maybe they thought it would be as popular as the DVC Moonlight Magic Events - which are free of course, and book up instantly.

Although isn’t there one even sooner which is still going ahead?

I think the Star Wars one was a classic case of over-estimating the demand. I mean it wasn’t even at DHS, I have no clue what they were thinking when they came up with it.

2 Likes

Eh, not sure if that’s the reason. They have 2 earlier than that at MK and HS, so I don’t think planning time is factoring in. If I had to guess, it’s probably an unseen logistics issue. However, I definitely WOULD have liked a lot more time to pseudo-consider not going to them :wink:

Regarding the Epcot one…that one was just stupid. I’m assuming the brain trust involved thought “we can make the sphere look like the Death Star again! They loved it last time! People will want to pay a kidney to see that!”

…no, champ…no they don’t. Go eat your paste in the corner.

2 Likes

Oh.

Oh well.

Thanks for blasting my theory to smithereens :wink:

In all seriousness, I guess my thoughts mustn’t be right becuase for sure the earlier ones would have been similarly impacted

The Epcot one was insanity

LOL paste in the corner

I live to disappoint. Just ask any of my past girlfriends.

And they had better NOT cancel the other ones.

1 Like

ROFL!