Advice on Royal Pacific

We now have a split stay between Dockside and Royal Pacific. How early can we check-in for Royal Pacific to get the EPs? Any suggestions on making these types of switches? It’s our first split stay at the same resort.

Can you walk from Royal Pacific to UO? Is the bus or water taxi faster? Any other thoughts on this hotel?

Also, this all happened because of reading TP chats and wanting EPs! :rofl::rofl: We originally only had a reservation for Dockside. So thanks everyone!

2 Likes

You can check in to Royal Pacific as early as 6 or 7 AM. You won’t get a room ready text until later in the day, but you’ll get your room keys which are your Express Passes.

I have no advice for a split stay, as i’ve never done one.

You can walk from the hotel to the the parks. It’s about a 10 minute walk. I don’t know if busses go from RPR to the USO or IOA. Whether walking or taking the boats is faster would depend on how long you’re waiting for the boats.

3 Likes

Walking will be the fastest…under 10 minutes from RP, arriving right at the entrance to IOA. It’s a beautiful garden walk path. Look for Margaritaville if walking back, path is just on the right side.

The bus will get you to the drop-off location fast, but it is at the transportation loop. Security near there can be busy in the mornings. And then you’ll have to walk a good bit all the way thru CityWalk to get to the parks.

The water taxi has security before entering the boat. Drop off is at CityWalk, near the park entrances.

2 Likes

Thank you @OrlandoGirl357 and @bebe80! That is really helpful to know. I didn’t realize that there were different security options. That is helpful to know! It sounds like the water taxi is the best option then.

I’m also excited to know that we can check-in as early as 6am or 7am!

3 Likes

I almost always walk to the parks. For me the walk is much quicker than the bus and there is never a worry that I might just miss the not or the not will be full. The only bus I have ever seen/taken is the bus to Volcano Bay.

The bus is a easy, beautiful walk and the security booth is right there before you get to CityWalk. I have never had to wait at the security checkpoint.

5 Likes

Thank you @PrincipalTinker. That’s also helpful! We like walking anyway so I think that’s a good plan for us. So it sounds like there’s three security points from RP? One for walking, bus, and water taxi?

The water taxi and walking path have small security stations.

The only bus I have ever seen has been the Volcano Bay bus. I see online some blogs say you can take a bus to CityWalk/Parks. I assume that would bring you to the central security area and there could be lines?

3 Likes

Pretty sure RPR, HRH and PBR only have buses to City Walk/parks when the weather is bad and the water taxi is down. We did have to take it once from Portofino in a thunderstorm. Otherwise only the Volcano Bay buses make regular stops at those hotels.

5 Likes

I found this:

4 Likes

Wow! Now I’m really glad I asked. I didn’t realize that they didn’t have buses for all resorts at 15 minutes.

Our plan is to walk there and take water taxis as a backup.

I found that in a couple of places. I just have never seen it. The buses at RP are at the back of the resort so maybe it is true but wouldn’t guests have to know where the buses load to ride them?

1 Like

I just found Universal’s own blog site says the same.

It also says the buses run at the other deluxe resorts but as @Wahoohokie posted, we think that is only when the water taxi’s are not running. I don’t remember ever receiving any bus information at RP, other than when I asked about Volcano Bay. I don’t know about the other resorts because Royal Pacific has been “my thing”.

3 Likes

I found this:

It does say to check with the desk to confirm buses are available .

2 Likes

To me, there is no reason to run the buses from the premiers to the hub at citywalk when it isn’t due to weather. What reason would someone have that they would take a bus that drops you in a huge parking structure to have to go through extra crowded security, walk the long walk to the parks with everyone else who isn’t staying in the premiers, when you can have your own private security at your hotel and travel by boat or feet and get there in just a few minutes? The boats are accessible, so it can’t be that. If I was going to bus to citywalk, I would save a whole lot of money and not stay at RPR, HRH or PBR. Part of the high cost is the closeness to the parks, right?

6 Likes

All true! I appreciate everyone’s input to help understand the travel options. It’s our first trip to Universal. Who knew buses wouldn’t be the best answer?? :rofl:

2 Likes

We like to walk to the parks in the morning (from RPR) and take the water taxi back when our legs are tired. Such a pretty walk and very quick.

7 Likes

Hubby & I love the water taxis - quick security @ the dock & they’re like a whole extra “ride” experience for us :blush:

4 Likes

The busses run way more frequently in the mornings and evenings than once every 15 minutes.

2 Likes

Agreed! At Cabana Bay they literally roll one right after another :+1:

3 Likes