Advice needed - Departure Day meal!

I need help and insight :grin: I’m practically a WDW rookie - especially when it comes to dining on property.

We are looking for a NON-Character dining meal for departure day around 11:30am. Here are the current options online.

Audience: Me, DH, DSis34, DMom/Grandma, DDad/Grandpa, DS4, DS8

Concerns: Cost, Catering to very picky eaters (kids & some adults), Breakfast and lunch options, 2 hours or less

What do you recommend for us and why?

1. Trattoria Al Forno
  2. Boma
  3. WCC

ETA: we are staying at CBR and will have a car.

1 Like

Boma. Lots of options on the buffet to satisfy picky eaters.

3 Likes

Boma, Boma, and Boma.

Our absolute favorite breakfast on property (and the only buffet I’ll do)

2 Likes

Of those?

Boma.

But my tradition has become Homecomin

2 Likes

Am I going to regret a 11:25 reservation when they stop reservations at 11:30?

1 Like

I don’t think so. You certainly won’t be alone at that time.

1 Like

I took my trio of thirty-something picky eaters to Boma for breakfast. All of them found something they enjoyed. As well as the resort itself and the savannah.

2 Likes

I had a late reservation at Boma last year and while we weren’t alone we did feel a little rushed. It could have been our server and she was just ready to be done for the day. I also thought they started Consolidating the buffet a little soon after we were seated so it was like “better fill up multiple plates bc we don’t know if we’ll get this on the return trip” kind of thing.

2 Likes

I think Boma is your best bet. WCC is not for everyone. I haven’t been to Trattoria.

Thanks everyone! @sanstitre_has_left_the_building and @Jennifer_B_568600 thanks for your insight on picky eaters at Boma!

@LTinNC82 this was my worry! I found a reservation at 10:45 which should give us time to see animals after breakfast but before our flight

@Flavita - thanks for the WCC heads up. I saw your trip report and was worried about the antics there.

@ScottFL and @OBNurseNH - glad to hear you like Boma! I’m trying to avoid DSprings at all costs.

Now the real question will be if I keep these reservations or change my mind a million times in the next 30 days lol. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

No one said that you can’t do both.

3 Likes