Advice for trip with tween boys and princess crazy daughter?

I’ve made ADRs for our trip in late february, but am rethinking some of them. We will be in Disney for 7 days, 5 full days in the parks. We were not planning to get park hoppers. Originally, I thought we would do one full day in each park, with a second in MK. I’m second guessing myself and am wondering if AK would be a better choice for us as a second day? We have a 7 year old girl that would love MK and want to spend all five days there! We also have 10 and 13 year old boys that may not be as enthused and more interested in the other parks. Any thoughts on how to please everyone?

Ideally, we’d love to take a 3-4 hour break most days so they can make nighttime entertainment without meltdowns and still get up early for next day. Is that even reasonable to plan and still make all the big rides and shows?

Last ones… are Akershus or Trattoria al Forno breakfast worth it with my crew (ie mainly for our daughter) or just do character stops? Biergarten lunch or just graze around the world?

Thanks for any and all advice! It’s been over 20 years since I’ve been. So much has changed!

If you can get the park hopper do that. If DH is going you can divide and conquer and meet up when good for all. The boys may want to see more of HS for Star Wars, ToT and RnR.

I agree with the divide and conquer approach - but that might be hard without hoppers. Things HAVE changed in the past 20 years, but there are still a lot of attractions in MK that will be liked by both boys and girls, and it’s really hard to do all of the MK in one day - even RD to closing without breaks. Even as an adult with no kids, if I have 5 days I’ll do one day in each park and split the 5th between MK (NOT my favorite park) and one of the others (usually EP, but with the additions to AK, that would probably get my vote).

I can’t really comment on the CM breakfasts, but I know Akershus is ALL about the Princesses, and the Bon Voyage also has some of the Princes. Biergarten is one of my favorite restaurants in all of WDW. It’s a huge buffet, and even though the food is (excellent) “German” food, there is probably something on it for everyone. And the entertainment is a lot of fun.

1 Like