Advance Dining Reservation Question

My family will visit WDW for the first time November 15-21st. I was wondering how important it is that I make my dining reservations right at 6:00 (or if I understand it correctly 5:00 central time)? Do you think it could wait until 9:00? We plan to dine at many signature and character restaurants, but crowd levels are predicted to be 2-3 the whole week across the board in all parks, even some ones. I’ll do it if I have to, but I’m not an early bird!

If there are any of the really hard to get ADRs I would think getting on right away would be important ( BOG, preRD CRT or CP). I have never had a hard time getting a signature ADR later. My last trip I booked my ADRs over a period of weeks and added an early Cape May breakfast at the last minute.

1 Like

It really depends on exactly which experiences you are interested in. Some fill up immediately. Most you can get later that day (or even over the next couple of days or later as people cancel reservations). For example, I recently made Garden Grill reservations on a day forecast at 6. Starting looking at about 178 days out. It was full. But over the next 1 -2 days, I snagged a reservation someone cancelled. Was also able to book fantasmic dining this way. good luck!

1 Like

I think it depends on the restaurants you want. Some should still have options at nine, others might not. If you want BOG I would be online at 6. How flexible are you on times? If you have little kids and want earlier times I would also try to get on earlier. Good luck!

1 Like

We went at the same time of year last year with around the same crowd levels. I would agree with all of the other previous posters that the more popular ADR’s went fast such as BOG and CRT. If you are interested in any of the more popular restaurants I would get on as soon as possible to reserve them. Especially, if your stay is included in the free dining promotion because ADR’s go really fast during the promotion. Good luck!

1 Like

Crowd levels are not necessarily a good indicator here, as there are still a lot of people going to the parks. It also depends on whether there is a Free Dining promotion going on - if there is, popular restaurants can fill up fast. I would just get up early and do it - that way you know that you made your best effort. :smile:

Also, remember that because of 180+10 reservations for on-site guests you may have a harder time getting popular reservations early in your stay. Plan on getting them later during your stay, and make those reservations first.

1 Like

Thanks for not telling me what I want to hear! :smiley: