ADRs without tickets

Hi, I’m new here and new to WDW so I very much apologize as I’m sure this has been asked before! We have an off-site hotel reservation (Shades of Green), and we’re planning on purchasing park tickets about 45 days prior to our trip. Will I still be able to make ADRs at 180 days out, even without theme park tickets linked to MDE? Thank you so much for your help!

ADRs are completely separate from tickets; anyone can make them at 180 days. If you are staying at a Disney resort you can book ADRs for length of stay (up to 10 days) when your 1st day hits the 180 mark. You’ll sometimes see that referred to here as 180 plus 10. For very popular ADRs, the “plus 10” is sometimes the difference of getting what you want or not. But even if you can’t get everything you want right at 180, keep looking because there frequently are cancellations; I’ve gotten some very hard to get ADRs 2 weeks before a trip.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! This is very helpful, and I am breathing a sigh of relief!

Ditto on what @bswan26 (the resident dining expert) has said. In addition, the TP Reservation Finder is very useful for getting reservations that were not available at the 180 day mark.