Adrift: A Mildly Live Solo Trip Report

I have benefited so much from other TRs, so I will attempt to share my own.
Got an early start :yawning_face: with a 4AM car to airport and a 5:20AM boarding time. I neglected to prepare for a gate area and plane full of kids (duh, we are going to MCO). Though, kids seem to tolerate this early hour much better than us adults.

This is my 2nd trip to WDW and my first solo trip. I am staying at the Swan for the first three nights. It looks like I have a room assigned, so hoping for an early and easy check-in.

I’m attending my first MVMCP tonight. I’ve read mixed reports about being able to purchase Genie+ with a party ticket. No luck for me :face_with_diagonal_mouth:. After check-in, planning to walk over to Boardwalk/YC to grab some food and take the MK bus from there to be at the gate close to 3PM.
Any recommendations for a great quick service gluten free lunch?

25 Likes

The Pizza window by BW has a cauliflower crust pizza - we watch out for nut allergies and their suggestion for us was that pizza.

Being a NYer, was sure not the best pizza I ever ate, but was definitely tasty!

5 Likes

Looks like Boardwalk Deli or Ale and Compass Market have gluten free mobile ordering.

4 Likes

Rainy touchdown ( :flight_arrival:, not :football: ). :crossed_fingers: luggage arrives quickly and intact (I’ve had 2 nearly new suitcases destroyed by airlines in the last year).
Is it difficult to find the Uber pickup here?

5 Likes

Not too difficult. Just follow the signs.

4 Likes

It’s so weird how some can but others can’t.

Stupid Disney IT

3 Likes

Followed the signs to ground transportation. Nope, back up to level 2. But then got on an escalator that took me to level 3. After a round of musical stairs, walked out just as Uber pulled up.

ETA for arrival is 1:30PM. Hope I have enough time to grab some lunch and get to MK by 3pm. Worst case - I’m stocked up on airplane snacks/granola bars and can grab something in the park.

6 Likes

If you take portable food it is probably doable. It will be tight though

Why aiming for 3p? To be at front of pack?

4 Likes

Thought that was the recommendation for 4PM party entry. If you tell me I can arrive later, I wouldn’t be sad about it :smiling_face:

5 Likes

I mean if you want to be through the gates asap 3 is good but I wouldn’t stress over it. We got there about 3:30 based on time stamps from photos and were inside by 4:05 (MNSSHP). Today may be busier. Then again crowds may be waning.

5 Likes

I stand corrected. :rofl: Glad you eventually found it.

4 Likes

Arrived - think I’ll just grab a salad from the quick service in the lobby and casually make my way over. New goal - arrive between 3-3:30pm

12 Likes

That’s a view

4 Likes

With the newest app update, I haven’t seen any successful reports on being able to purchase G+ with just a party ticket.

6 Likes

Not anything special but it could be worse :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I didn’t pay for or expect any upgrades. If it is clean and the bed is comfy - I’m happy.

5 Likes

Nothing in the lobby of the Swan looked especially appealing. I’m at the Ale and Compass Market now, waiting for my gluten free Cuban :sandwich:.

Also picked up some GF gingerbread cookies and got to see the gingerbread lighthouse and train.

Next, headed to MK. Looks like rain, lots of rain :grimacing:

13 Likes

I hope it goes away

5 Likes

So excited for you and THANKS for sharing — have All The Fun!!!

4 Likes

rain just culls the herd to leave the brave and strong free to roam

8 Likes

Quick question - does BG1 work for 6pm party VQs?

3 Likes