ADR/throwaway room question

I would book a hotel you would be happy to stay at for your trip, then when you get a DVC, just cancel. But if you can’t rent anything then you’ll still have a room. I completely agree with you on why you want to wait. I would too! But might be tough.

3 Likes

I am doing something similar for an the weekend of Oct 11th 2020. I booked the cheapest room I could. Now I’m going to change to a room I actually be ok staying in. Later I’ll try to rent DVC points, but right now I’m just not confident in the secondary market.

So if I book a Disney resort for 12/18-12/23 now and I book ADRs at 180+5ish. Then 4 months out I luck into a DVC resort booking, I can just cancel my WDW reservation and I will get to keep my ADRs?

3 Likes

Yes!

Booking a room for one night will only get you ADRs for 180 and 180+1 so no real advantage. You can only book ADR for the length of your stay.

How much of a stickler is Disney on their room occupancies? We have a party of 5, of which 3 are children ages 9,5, and 3. If I called would I be able to book a 2 queen room since my girls can easily fit in one bed?

They are strict. If the room occupancy is 4, you can only put 4 in the room, plus an infant. There are rooms that sleep 5 though, but I think you’d need to look at the moderates. CBR and POR I know have 5 sleeper rooms (not all of them), possibly others.

2 Likes

They are strict. The unregistered person can’t use Disney Magical Express or the extra magic hours. Also wouldn’t get the free Magic Band. Don’t do it. Get a room that accommodates 5.

2 Likes

Ok. I’ve got the chance to book a DVC room. Now if Covid 19 causes Disney to shut the parks down for my travel dates I assume I’ll still be on the hook for the reservation, which isn’t a big deal cause we’d probably use it still. But what if Disney shuts down the resorts again? Will I be able to get a refund?

How are you going to book the DVC room?

If you book it direct with Disney, the conditions will be the same as booking any other room with them.

If you book it with a broker, I assume they’ll do what they’re currently doing - issuing a voucher. But what they do could change. Check the contract before you return it and ask them to explain it.

If you rent direct with someone, then it depends what’s in the contract. If this is the case, ask for a copy of the contract and if there’s no “force majeure” clause then negotiate.

Ok, I’ve already emailed the broker, DVC-rental.com. But still waiting for an answer.

Looks like it’s a done deal.

I originally tried book through David’s vacation club rentals. They had availability for a one bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom. But when they tried to facilitate the purchase they lost the availability for part of our dates. In the meantime I booked adjoining Little Mermaid rooms as a backup. Then this morning a different broker was able to book a Savanna view one bedroom at Kidani Village. I added the travel insurance which according to the broker will allow me the option to cancel or reschedule if the worst should happen. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Oh! Kidani one bedroom is magical! Plus…two bathrooms! What a great room! Congrats!

2 Likes

And is it possible to use a ride share to Boardwalk if you don’t have a dining reservation? We would like to enter the International Gateway at Epcot. I know last
December our magic band was scanned every time we entered a resort gate.

Until the closure, ride share was permitted entry to all resorts for guest drop off/pick up. Rarely they might scan your MB to confirm reservation.

Nobody knows what things will look like upon reopening.

I guess the easiest thing would be just to park at HS and use the skyliner right?

Aside from ridesharing to the front door of BW, yes, that would probably be next easiest. It’s a quick hop from there.

Worst case the ride share drops you off at the barrier.

I think there was a time in the last year or so that the Contemporary would only let ride shares in if the passenger had a rservation or convincing reason. People hopped out after the driver turned round.

I had to show my dvc card one night at the contemporary to get on. I told the guard we were going to Top of the World. In December I had a Lyft driver that said she hardly even slows down at most resorts. She flashes her ID and yells “dropping off guests”. Her only exception is the CR because sometimes “those guards don’t want anyone in”. She claimed she would still do the drop off, some might hesitate. Of course, that is not all guards or all the time.

1 Like