ADR in 4 days, here's what I'm thinking.... Liner input welcome!

Thanks! I had seen that one some time back, but couldn’t find it when I went looking for it again. OK, I tried that one, and also the MagicGuides link above. All of them say NO dining plan for us, and all in the $450-$600 difference range. Again, that’s assuming no shared entrees, and assuming that we would all use the 2 snack credits per day (we might??). We are coming in over on TS credits and under on QS by a meal or 2. Even when I fill in additional QS meals that I don’t really think we need, it still has the plan costing an extra $250ish.

1 Like

Hopefully my last set of revisions… lol! I switched some days around, mostly because of the Universal side trip. Moved it from Saturday with US/IOA CLs are 10/8, to Tues when they are 3 and 4, and also the tickets themselves should be cheaper. This meant moving from an EP CL6 day to CL10, but I think it’s worth the swap, since our 2nd EP day is CL4, and we are NOT buying the express passes at Universal.

I literally have everything ready in a spreadsheet for tomorrow morning. I can’t wait! I never had the ADR-at-180 day experience before! :smiley: I feel good about the plan and I think most of what I want won’t be hard to get, especially with the BOG lunch on day 180+9. I am going to do both the Akershus PPO and a little later at Ale & Compass to give us options, depending on how Fastpasses go.

3 Likes

@scrappydeb I got this advice on here and thought it was good.
Stay flexible with your ADRs
When they changed park hours and I started to schedule FPP, I got stressed trying to make everything work with my ADRs. Except for a few hard to get ones, you usually can change ADRs pretty easily.
So I am glad you have a great plan but don’t get concerned if you need to change things down the road.
I can’t wait to follow along with your trip.

1 Like

The definitely sounds like good advice! And I know that tweaks in most of them won’t be too difficult. I’ll confess that I’ve even considered making a parallel set of ADRs - even with different park days - on my son’s MDE account, to leave us the option of switching up the schedule due to unforeseen changes. But even I think that’s a bit overboard, lol, so I probably won’t. :grin:

Big thanks to you and to @PrincipalTinker and others for all the helpful input and suggestions you’ve given me! I’m sooooo excited for this trip!

I have to confess I did this.
Also, you can make them on your own account, by going to the restaurants page, searching and find the time you want then, right click the circle with the time you want, and select open in a new window.
This will let you make conflicting reservations on the same account.

Having everything in one place made it better for me. but it might make things more confusing for some.

2 Likes

Yes, I was so excited when you shared this trick with me! And I have dry-run it just to test and it worked perfectly! :smiley: The reason I might use the alternate account to make the parallel plan ADRs would be mostly to “keep straight” which is which when canceling one set. In some cases I’m making alternate ADRs anyway, on my own account (e.g., one PPO and one later, TBD by FPP). But in that case they probably won’t time-overlap so I can “legit” do both ADRs lol.

1 Like

All done and everything went perfectly! The only thing I couldn’t do is the Lion King/Tiffins package because it isn’t showing times past about 3 months out…is that typical? I’ll just have to keep checking for it. Got every single thing I wanted pretty much down to the exact time, including some “alternates” that will depend on FPP and park hours/EMM.

Day - Park/CL - ADRs
Thu 1/2 travel + HS10 Mama Melrose 5:10pm
Fri 1/3 AK10 Tiffins 6:00pm/Lion King package
Sat 1/4 EP10 Trattoria al Forno 8:45 Chefs de France 5:00
ALT: Akershus 8:00
Sun 1/5 MK7 EMM$$
ALT: Plaza 8am
Mon 1/6 HS10 50’s Prime Time 11:45 Hoop Dee Doo 6:15
Tue 1/7 US3/IOA4 (no adrs)
Wed 1/8 AK6 Tusker House 10:45/ROL
Thu 1/9 EP4 Garden Grill 8:00 Ale & Compass 12:15 Via Napoli 5:45pm
Fri 1/10 MK4 Be Our Guest 12:15 Skipper Tree Canteen 6:30
Sat 1/11 DS(?)/Travel Raglan Road (brunch) 11:30

We aren’t really sure about departure day, if we want to go to a park or not (and we don’t have our flight yet but if we get the flights I think we will, we will have a good chunk of the day available).

I’m so excited! :heart_eyes::grinning: Now… I MUST try to get my head out of Disney and back to real life for the next 120 days! :roll_eyes::joy::rofl:

5 Likes

Tier 1 or 2? Great job!

I want Tier 1, but like I said, this is the ONE ADR I’m unable to book. It’s only showing availability through the end of Sept. I hope it will eventually populate, and it isn’t the case that they are doing away with this package? :pleading_face::hushed:

I’ve done both and thought they were both fabulous.

1 Like

I can not even imagine CL10. Guess we will all have to get used to it, for awhile.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t love it lol… but all the parks are 10s for our first 3 days so there was no avoiding it. I am hoping the Liner mantra “a good touring plan is more important than CL” is true! :wink: Also hoping that doing things like the Lion King package and the HDD on days that we are in CL10 parks will help some! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have a well thought our plan and back up… I am sure all the research you have done will make it great.

1 Like