ADR in 4 days, here's what I'm thinking.... Liner input welcome!

Arriving Thursday Jan 2, hopefully early flight so planning 1/2 day at AK. Staying at Kidani villas. Leaving Sat Jan 11, not sure what time flight will be or what we might do that day, park-wise. But after obsessively looking at crowd levels (both here and on UT which sometimes are very contradictory!), planning 2 days per park + 1 day side trip to Universal, drafting and tweaking and scrapping and re-drafting and changing and tweaking the plan :woozy_face: way too muchā€¦ here is where Iā€™m at for park days and most of the planned meals (some QS included). We are NOT hopping.

REVISED plan:
THURS: HS D: Mama Melrose
FRI: AK B: Sanaa (QS), L:(QS?) D - Tiffins/Lion King package
SAT: EP [B: Ale & Compass OR PPO Akershus], D-Chefs de France
SUN: MK B:EMM$$, D-Columbia Harbour House (QS)
MON: HS L-50ā€™s Prime Time; D-Hoop Dee Doo 6:15
TUES: Universal - none
WED: AK Brunch: Tusker House (~10:30) (ROL package), D: Satuā€™li (QS)
THUR: EP B:PPO Garden Grill, L-(QS?), D-Via Napoli
FRI: MK L:BOG, D-Skipper Tree Canteen
SAT: ?

Original plan:
THURS: AK - D-Satuā€™li (QS)
FRI: HS - D-Mama Melrose
SAT: Universal
SUN: EP - B-PPO Garden Grill, L-?(QS?), D-Via Napoli
MON: HS - possible EMM$$? L-50ā€™s Prime Time; D-Hoop Dee Doo 6:15
TUES: MK - B-EMM$$, D-Columbia Harbour House (QS)
WED: AK - B-PPO Tusker House, D-Tiffins/ROL package dinner
THUR: EP: B-(PPO?) Akershus, D-Chefs de France dinner
FRI: MK: L-BOG,D- Diamond Horseshoe
SAT: ?

Iā€™m hopeful that I can sell dh and especially 2 teen sons (16 & 18) on the early mornings, lol.

Why Diamond Horseshoe?

1 Like

PPO at Tusker and Akershus - are you doing that for ride advantages, or just to get the meals out of the way? I like to schedule character breakfasts at the end of the breakfast period so I can get in a few rides and then not feel rushed seeing all the characters. The exception is Garden Grill where they rotate through quickly. You donā€™t really feel rushed on that one.

3 Likes

I like the general idea of basically two meals a day. Have you considered the Fantasmic package for Mama Melrose? Just a suggestion.

My family canā€™t do all early mornings (five in a row would have us all a mess). However they are totally sold on the concept of PPO breakfasts now that they know it gives them a RD line advantage. And EMM MK is awesome. I prefer TSL at night - not sure if DAH is a possibility for your family but it may give you the same ā€˜park to ourselvesā€™ feeling without another early morning.

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦ I thought it sounded good, and we havenā€™t done it on our prior 2 trips. Iā€™m trying to mostly pick places we havenā€™t been to yet. We did Liberty Tree Tavern our 1st trip, and Crystal Palace both prior trips. Iā€™m open to suggestions! Iā€™m not completely opposed to going a place weā€™ve been before, but want to exhaust all the decent options that we havenā€™t been to, firstā€¦ lol.

2 Likes

Weā€™ve never done a PPO, but Iā€™d like to try it and use it for the ride advantage also. Both of the restaurants are on my ā€œIā€™d like to try thisā€ list but not my ā€œI absolutely MUST go hereā€ list.

1 Like

I think it was @LTinNC82 that posted about it on chat? I think she ate there so no one ever has toā€¦

1 Like

If you are looking for Pandora advantage with the Tusker PPO, I have read that there really isnā€™t one. Iā€™m sure it can be helpful for other parts of the park though. Akershus can give you an advantage at FEA if you are finished fast enough.

I think the rule of thumb is to plan on 90 minutes for a character meal.

We saw Fantasmic on our first trip. It was fine, but we donā€™t feel the need to do it again. :slight_smile:

I will probably cut back on the early mornings, lol. Iā€™m undecided about the TSL EMM so maybe eliminate that, and possibly Akershus also, which would mean only 3 EARLY days and a little more spread out. I am a naturally early riser but fairly worthless after about 7pm lol. My kids get up pretty well for school so I know they CAN do it, but not sure if they will be grumpy about it when we are on vacation. I mean Cā€™MON youā€™re at WDW, there is FUN TO BE HAD - GET MOVING! :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

LOL Okā€¦ maybe Iā€™ll rethink this one! Other suggestions at MK? How about the Plaza? Thatā€™s one I had been considering.

You know, maybe what Iā€™ll do with some of these is book double reservations - one PPO and one a little bit later. Then I can decide if I want to keep the PPO depending on how I do on fastpasses. If we are good for FPP then I drop the PPO and keep the later one, but Iā€™ll have the PPO if we need itā€¦

2 Likes

Yes! I ate there so no one has to ever again because it was terrible. Awful. Worst meal in the world. The only positive was my waiter was nice (and even told me to skip dessert there) and there was plenty of glorious air conditioning. Please go to Skipper Canteen instead. Unique food and environment. Even for picky-ish eaters like me.

5 Likes

I like the way you think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for ā€œtaking one for the teamā€.

3 Likes

LOLā€¦ wellā€¦ in light of that vivid and heartfelt review, I will defer to your experience on this matter! Skipper Canteen honestly wasnā€™t even on my radar (not sure why) but I just looked it up, and both the atmosphere and the menu look great! I think thatā€™s the winner!!

4 Likes

It is really delicious and unique. I tried DH bc I was trying to visit new places and it was just so truly horrid I want to help others avoid making that mistake. The ā€˜coldā€™ sides were just sitting on the bar for servers to grab. Cold, hard cornbreadā€¦ ugh the flashbacksā€¦

3 Likes

I think youā€™ll be too full from lunch at 50ā€™s to really enjoy HDDR. I would maybe rethink that.

I love a 10:30-10:45 reservation at Tusker House to enjoy both breakfast & lunch choices.

5 Likes

If you want to eat dinner at MK, maybe consider Liberty Tree Tavern instead? We enjoyed our meal there last fall.

1 Like

@scrappydeb we do tour alike :blush:. I also vote for a late breakfast at TH.

1 Like

Agree with @PrincipalTinker ā€¦ I ate there in Fall 2017 just to get out of the heat and it is NO where what it was in itā€™s earlier days. It wasnā€™t bad for what I used it for but I definitely wouldnā€™t include it n an a plan or make an ADR for it.

2 Likes