ADR 180 Day Anxiety

Ya know… for as much as they hyped up ROL, they had better continue it longer term than just a few months. I’d be so disappointed! Although I am going next month, we aren’t going anywhere except MK (unfortunately!).

2 Likes

This is probably late and you have already made your reservations and saw that it opened up the 10 day window for you. How did you do? Get everything you wanted? If you didn’t, KEEP TRYING! Things open up all the time because folks cancel

Did really well.
Was able to get BOG dinner and CM late breakfast, which were our ‘must-dos’. Using the Reservation Finder for H&V. Noticed that the available dates for the Fantasmic dinner package are only available up to the end of August so I’ll check back daily to see if/when they open up September dates.
Overall, I’m pretty happy. Website didn’t crash/pause (sorry for the paws) and didn’t have to rely on mobile app or Chrome.
Thanks for asking!

2 Likes

Sorry. I hadn’t logged back in to TP until today when I saw your request. Below this message, I have added a link to the spreadsheet I’m using. (I also included a PDF in case the formatting doesn’t come through.) I usually get a bit fancy with my spreadsheets, but for this one I thought it best to keep it relatively simple. I will explain the method to my madness too, so you understand what I’m trying to accomplish with the way I designed it.

1. I numbered each ADR in the order of how important it is to us and/or according to its difficulty to obtain. (For example, I have CRT as number one, BoG as number two, 50sPT as number three, etc.)

2. Underneath each ADR, I entered the dates when we are planning to be in the park where the restaurant is located, and I put them in the order that I think it would be best to try to book them. For the most part, I am working from the latest date to the earliest, as has been suggested by experienced Liners, with the exception of the dates that will fall later than my 180+10 days, since I’ll have to try to book them on another day if I don’t get everything I want at 180 days out.

3. I also made a note as to what type of meal I am looking for (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and underneath these, where I felt it was important, I noted if I wanted to shoot for as early or late of a meal as possible or if I should just grab “any” - whatever is available. If I were looking for a particular time, I would enter it here to. As it is, I think I’ll be happy just to get something booked for the type of meal I want.

4. I then lumped all the plans that could potentially overlap each other together and put a purple circle around each set of these. For example, in the top left circle I have lumped CRT, BoG, and the Wishes DP (or whatever it will be called then) all together because (1) all the dates we’re planning to be in that park will be the same, and (2) the time of day (i.e., dinner time) I’m trying for will also be the same. For instance, if I were to book a dinner at CRT on 9/11, I don’t want to accidentally waste my time trying to find a dinner at BoG for that same date.

5. Then I color-coded each ADR. Numbers 1-4 are red, 5-9 are yellow, and 10-13 are green. This way, when I’m tired and no doubt stressed out at 4:00 in the morning when I will be trying to book the ADRs, I am hoping that this will make it just a little easier for me to locate the next number on my list by color without having to look at all of the numbers individually.

6. I used the largest font I could but still kept everything on one page. This way when I print it, I won’t need to flip back and forth to different pages like I did last time

So these are just some ideas I’ve come up with this time around. I’ve probably given this way too much thought, but that’s what we tend to do on this site, right? If you think of any others that might simplify it more or make it more effective, I’m happy to hear your ideas.

Excel - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QjfLzb68hWQiBxGNCjkZ8k6QHSR0QKN4
PDF - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zeM7lmmD62DctZ61Y-YG2GqAgyAopFNV

4 Likes

Wow! I love that!

I know this thread is old, but I saw your spreadsheet a while ago and loved it! I am trying to create one now, and came back on to see it but the link no longer works. Do you still have it? my email is brewerfamily123@gmail.com. Thank you!!

Sorry about that. I must have deleted it from my Google Drive without remembering I had posted the link, but I was able to find the original, and I have updated the links above.

1 Like

Thank you for being so helpful and taking the time to do that!!

1 Like