Adjusting number of people in an ADR

If I adjust ADR’s already made - lowering by 2 people - will it affect the reservation time?

Probably.

Alternately, there’s no penalty for arriving with fewer people than you reserved for, so you don’t actually need yo adjust the ADR.

1 Like

Easiest by far is to just show up day of and tell them, we only have 4 and not the 6 scheduled (or whatever your real numbers are). There is no penalty as long as at least 1 shows up for an ADR.

2 Likes

Thanks for your replies - very helpful :smile:

1 Like

I would lower it by two, that way maybe a party of 2 could pick up an ADR they really wanted. It will not affect your time. Just modify the reservation.

7 Likes

I tried both. When I called Disney to lower the number in our party, they were not particularly accommodating. So for the rest of the reservations, we just showed up and told them we had a lower number in our party. That worked out just fine. In the cases where we had two reservations for 6 people at similar times, and now were a group of only 8, they were able to seat us all together with only a minimal wait - longest quoted wait was 20 minutes, but we only waited about 10 minutes. It seems like the ADR is really only a “time” place holder.

2 Likes

Yes it’s not a reservation in the way people other than Disney understand it.

Reviving this topic to ask,

What about MORE people than your ADR. I am holding an ADR for 4 people, but it looks like a 5th will probably be joining us.

I feel like i read somewhere that they don’t usually fuss if you enlarge your party by 1, but I am sure its not part of their official code, and I can’t remember where I read it.

Anyone have experience showing up to an ADR with an extra person (Rodeo Roundup - if the Restaurant makes a difference)

Thanks!

Going from 4 to 5 may be more difficult as they now have to seat you at a different sized table. You can ask at check in, and will probably be accommodated, but be prepared to wait.

1 Like