Adding water park to ticket

If I want to go to a water park but don’t want to hop I select the water park option. But how many days do I select? Do I need to add a park day for the water park? So if I want 6 days at the regular parks and 1 water park day do I need a 7 day ticket plus water park option?

Or is it cheaper to just purchase water park separately? So 6 day tickets and 1 day water park separately? This looks cheaper.

I think just the one day. I think if you add the “Water Parks and More” it theoretically allows a water park visit each day. Plus if you’re not going to use the “and More” stuff, you’re paying to not do stuff.

2 Likes

If you only want to visit the waterpark for one day, it’s cheaper to just buy a one day for that rather than upgrade your ticket package. When you do that, it adds one water park visit for your base number of days. So your 6 day park ticket would then include 6 opportunities to visit the water park, plus the other activities listed. But you would not have to add a day to your park tickets, to answer your other question. For example, we have the water park & sports for our trip on a 4 day base ticket. We have 8 days of validity to use our park days and the (up to) 4 water park visits.

I keep reading this as “adding water to a park ticket” and then I think about sea monkeys

5 Likes

Thanks. I figured it out. It was confusing because they don’t offer a water park ticket at checkout. Because of course they don’t as they’re trying to upsell.

Not necessarily. It only cost us about $25/ticket to upgrade from regular parkhoppers to parkhopper plus. I think a day ticket is quite a bit more.

It might be more cost effective if you’re buying a 1 park per day ticket, however.

We’re not doing hoppers so it’s looking more expensive.

1 Like

So does that mean if I have a 6 day park hopper ticket plus water park option, I can go to the other (MK, Epcot, HS, AK) parks for 6 days and use the water park/golf admission for 6 additional days or do they have to overlap and I have to park hop from one of the main parks (MK, Epcot, Etc) to the water park on the same 6 days to use the water park tickets? So in total do I get 6 days to go to all the parks, or 6 days for regular parks and an additional 6 days for water parks totaling 12 day trip?

You get 6 days at the parks for whatever duration is specified (I’m not sure the range for a 6 day - but we had 7 days to use our 4 day tickets, for example). You can also visit a water park or play mini golf up to 6 times, either on the same day as a park or on a separate day. So it isn’t spread over 12 days but whatever your ticket validity says. Hopefully that makes sense.

Edit: I had that wrong, it’s 6 visits total between water parks and mini golf, not 6 each. I also took a look, the 6 day ticket gives you a span of 9 days to use all your benefits.
Here is the wording from their site: “Your ticket also provides 6 visits to a water park or other Walt Disney World fun during the same date range. Tickets do not have to be used on consecutive dates.”

Thanks for the response! I understand the part about 9 days to use the 6 days of entry into the parks…but does that mean I can use the water park entry on a day I am not visiting one of the other parks (during the 9 day span) or am I mandated to park hop from a water park to a regular park on those 6 days I chose to visit a regular park for a total of 6 days? I found this information from another website but it’s the only one I found:
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/bought-theme-parks-tickets-water-park-option-need-ticket-493373/

You can use your 6 water park visit on any day during your 9 days. There are no water park reservations, so it does not matter when you go or if you reserve.

2 Likes

Yes this exactly. No need to hop from a park but you can if you want to. We always did a water park day on a day in the middle our time there. Our last trip we did 2 parks days, a water park day, and then 2 more parks days.

1 Like

Thanks so much for clearing that up for me!

1 Like