Addicting

So I feel like the more I visit the more addicted I become. I just got back from my 2nd trip to WDW, which has made me not only want to plan a 3rd trip, but to also go back to DL. since I am in Cali the DL trip does seem more doable. But right now I can upgrade my tickets to a AP for WDW for only 329 per pass… which means I would only have to go one more time in the next year for the cost of the pass to make sense. ( I spent more than that on my 5day hopper for this trip)

1 Like

Yes. I believe there is a movement to force Disney to start adding warning labels to their tickets:

“Disney use can rapidly lead to the development of Disney addiction, which in turn increases the frequency of Disney use and prevents people from quitting. Research suggests that Disney is as addictive as heroin, cocaine, or alcohol.”

:wink:

8 Likes

and maybe even more expensive! haha

3 Likes

Definitely more expensive!

3 Likes

We’ve been going annually for a decade and in the last 3 years we went AP and upped the visits to 3x per year.

2 Likes

Exactly me too.

1 Like

2020 is the year we go absolutely insane. Two most expensive vacations ever! All because of Disney.

The budget for them has been in the works for 3 years now. I finally have all of the money for the May 2020 trip saved. So, the rest of this year is devoted to saving for the December 2020 trip.

After that December 2020 trip, we have to wait until at least 2022 or 2023 to return.

2 Likes

That’s funny because 2020 is the year we actually save with Disney because we are staying far away :slight_smile: To make sure we don’t go back on this promise to ourselves we’re planning a trip to Hawaii and funny enough it’s going to be significantly cheaper :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think part of the reason I am hesitant to upgrade is because instead of going the one time, like I have planned, I might end up going multiple times, which can still be pricey since I am in Cali. Also pretty much means all my vacation time will be devoted to Disney, when there is so much more to do!! Like Hawaii!! But I’ve already convince my self it is the wise desicion!! :rofl:

1 Like

Wait. You mean there are more options for vacations than Disney??? Crazy talk.

3 Likes

THIS x 1000.
Since we’ve branched away from Disney we have been having decidedly more expansive vacations, as opposed to expensive vacations.

Honestly - the best thing WDW ever did for me was to raise the ticket prices to absurd.

1 Like

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

What are you DOING? Saying that out loud? Disney might hear you! Then what are the rest of us addicts supposed to do?

So keep those lips zipped!

:wink:

3 Likes

Well - let say that my breaking point was just lower than every one else’s.

I’m sure Disney doesn’t miss my pittance anyway. :wink:.

So addicting. DH and I went in 2015 before I got pregnant with our daughter so we had a few years between trips. We went in May 2018 when she was 2, planned a last minute October 2018 trip when she was 2.5, and now we’re squeezing in a November 2019 trip when we’ll have a 3.5 year old and 5 month old. Even having small children doesn’t keep us away for long :rofl:

We’ll probably avoid 2020 due to SWGE and go again in 2021 when our kids are 5 and 2!