Accuracy of AKL maps?

Hi! I’m new to the forum, but not to Touring Plans. I just changed up my Feb break plans so now I’m going to be at WDW (rather than a cruise) and staying at AKL in a Standard View room.

I was searching on the maps for where I’d like to request, and there were a LOT that popped up for Standard 2 queen beds that have really good Savannah views. Out of curiosity, I looked at the “Savannah 2 queen beds” and there were hardly any. Is that really accurate @len or anyone? I don’t want to request something not in my category. (I’m ok with some in the Standard King and Daybed category too and since there is only one of me I may stick with that - but I’m curious.)

Thanks!

You have a standard view? I have found that the beds/ views on TP do not always line up with what AKL says. Sometimes we add a note to the room finder pages. For standard views I love 4216-4238 and the rooms right below ( lobby floor) 3216-3238. This is 4218

s

Yes, I have a Standard View.

Thanks so much!

I don’t think the descriptions are quite spot on. For example, the room we stayed in 2 trips ago is listed on TP as being 2 queen beds, when in reality it is 1 queen and bunks. I added a note to the room view description for that room.

I think it’s best to get a sense of approximately what block of rooms you’d prefer and specify your category and bed configuration preference in the fax rather than honing in on one specific room that you want. That way the bed assigner will have a sense of what you’re looking for all the way around.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Ah, thanks for the updates, folks.

We’re trying to get a revised list from Disney. It is challenging. :slight_smile:

4 Likes