Accio Road Trip to (eventually) UOR!

LOL!! I live in Memphis - the home to the original Piggly Wiggly! It was the very first “self-serve” grocery store. Until then you came in and placed an order to pick up later…

The founder bought a BIG mansion in the middle of the city. It has been converted into a great museum / planetarium / IMAX theater. It’s called the “Pink Palace” because he painted it an awful color of pink to go with his store colors!

5 Likes

We have totally been enjoying our week at the beach-so relaxing! We also spent some time up at Merritt Island wildlife refuge and have been doing a little sightseeing and shopping in the area as well. Universal in about 48 hours!

15 Likes

16 Likes

That rainbow :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Beautiful pictures!

3 Likes

Wow! What an amazing picture of that turtle (tortoise??)

These are better than anything I’ve seen from AK!!

Keep relaxing so you can marathon Universal for a couple days!! :rofl: :innocent:

I’ve got plans to be away this weekend - hanging with friends. I’ll try to be around or at least peek at my phone for your Universal TR!!

6 Likes

Your photos are stunning.

5 Likes

We were collecting shells on the beach, turned, and there was the sea turtle coming ashore to lay her eggs! I took a few photos as we were backing away from her. Unfortunately, someone else was coming along at the same time with her dog off leash and let the dog go right up to the turtle…sigh…the woman stood there with the dog freaking out all around the turtle, and the poor turtle eventually turned around and went back into the ocean without laying her eggs. :woman_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

some folkses young’ns :smirk::thinking::confounded:

2 Likes

Beautiful photos :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Getting ready to head to UOR. Until next time ocean!

19 Likes

Gorgeous!

2 Likes

Well, I’ve been trying to post off and on all day, but the Wi-Fi and data service have been ….lacking….I don’t remember it being this bad back in November! Anyway, we’ve had a great first day. Went into the parks around 11. Toured the JP tribute store which is definitely a must see!! Grabbed a bite to eat at Louie’s and then rode Mummy twice. We headed to Diagon alley and spent a couple of hours there including Gringotts x2, browsing in the shops, and Fortescues ice cream. We took the train to IOA and did everything in Hogsmeade including Hagrids twice. The wait time was posted at 55 minutes all afternoon, but we have the attraction assistance pass for my teen, so I am not sure how long an actual wait was. The original plan was to stay until close, but we headed back to the resort around 7ish to finally get into our room. Tomorrow we’re just going to go with the flow, so who knows? :blush:

16 Likes

Front row Hagrids!

15 Likes

Back row Hagrids!

15 Likes

Aw, and you met Beetlejuice too :black_heart::white_heart::black_heart::green_heart::white_heart::black_heart::white_heart:

3 Likes

Those Tribute store pics are so fun!! I’m so jealous!! Plus, you were there on the actual 30th Anniversary! How cool!!

4 Likes

The store is so amazing-the photos don’t do it justice! :blush:

5 Likes

Ok kids…best air condition we’ve found in IOA…wait for it…The Cat in the Hat Ride!! Seriously! :rofl::blush:

11 Likes

Another good day but it sure was hot! Crowds still aren’t too bad, and when we were here two years it was crazy crowded. Every time I checked Hagrids today the wait was not more than 65 minutes. We focused on the “left side” of IOA today topped with a ride on Hagrids mid afternoon and then a ride on Cat in the Hat (a complete walk on around 3pm) to catch that AC. Did a few things over on the US side including several rounds in a row on MIB. The heat zapped our energy by early evening!

9 Likes