A WDW AP’er goes to Japan

Thank you so much for your observations. That is what I suspected but it’s good to have on the ground real observations. I appreciate you taking time out of your amazing vacation to thoughtfully answer my questions.

Keep enjoying the heck out of Japan!

4 Likes

Oh no! DH is 6’5" But I have squeezed him on Barnstormer so we can make him uncomfortable a bit! I watched JoJo on Flying Fish Coaster and he said it was a tight squeeze and he does not look particularly tall.

2 Likes

I’m very very curious how crowded the outside entrance of DisneySea is at opening. One of the things I’m upset about it you cannot use the hotel entrance (I plan to book MiraCosta as soon as my window opens) or get the Happy Entry (15 minutes but really sounds like 45-60 minutes early) on check-in day. I’m so upset about this I am considering booking the hotel the night before we check-in but I’m scared they won’t understand when I check in at 7am instead of in the evening. And that you can only do 2 night on packages but I want a package for the ride passes. So then I’d have to do a 1 night stay hotel only, a 2 night package, and then another 1 night stay (cuz we really do need three nights)…and when I had a chat with TDRExplorer he said they may not understand that and let us keep the same room.

So if you see there is a huge line outside of DisneySea at opening I may book that extra night to avoid that. TDRExplorer said it can take up to an hour to actually get in. So if they open the gates for day guests at 8:30am you don’t get in till 9:30am. Let me know your experience please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We are going to DisneySea today.

We arrived at 7:30, Security 8:15; let into park 8:30. That’s without Happy 15.

The nice thing here - the lines are very organized, and many sit on the ground until they let you in.

We used Happy 15 at Disneyland yesterday and did the Beauty & the Beast ride pretty quickly. (I would call it walk on as we were walking the whole time)

8 Likes

Beautiful. That’ll save me a bundle! Wait when you say security 815 you mean that’s how long it took to get there or that’s when it started moving?

That’s great news about BatB. I was thinking I’d pick different rides for the passes that come with the package since I can always buy premier access for BatB, Splash and Baymax. And we will definitely use the Happy 15 for Disneyland.

1 Like

They started to let people thru Security at 8:15 am. We headed straight for Journey to the Center of the Earth - got right on. Then walked on to Indiana Jones, Sinbads Storybook voyage, 20,000 leagues. Waited 25 mins for Tower. Now waiting 30 for Nemo. The big rides here are the dupes of the American ones - Toy Story & Soarin. We plan to try Soarin later or get Premier Access.

10 Likes

Okay I’m sticking with my initial beautiful comment and thank you very much!

1 Like

Also I do love the sitting thing. Did you do a parade and witness it there too?

The preview for the new parade was yesterday …they were sitting down - waiting starting first thing in the morning! (Parade was after 2 pm). I observed this for a show too …

8 Likes

So they actually do have ECV rentals, it’s just rare to see them. I saw a few in DisneySea today. They were all the same and had a Disney tag on them. The TDR website does reference them under Services at the Park. They call them motorized wheelchairs.

2 Likes

We decided to give Premier Access a try …for Toy Story Mania. The most popular ride … the other being the Soarin’ dupe. (Which we’ll get to next week)

The ride is so much cleaner and crisper than the WDW version! …and I got sprayed with water! That was different :rofl: We enjoyed it. It worth the ¥2000 as our feet were done, so standing for over an hour was not going to happen.

13 Likes

I love the Tower of Terror photo!

5 Likes

Yay! Thank you!!

In Osaka now to go to Universal Studios. Out hotel … Universal. I was standing in the same spot for both photos. This is our chill day. Took Shinkansen here. Just relaxing in the hotel before long day at the park tomorrow …they don’t allow re-entry which really sucks.

14 Likes

That’s odd! I hope you have a great time!

3 Likes

We’re staying park front hotel too! Thanks for the photos.

2 Likes

Yes I think annual pass holders can but not day tickets. Awful with her choice of hotel which is right across from the gates so would make a great midday break!!

5 Likes

I can’t wrap my brain around why they would do this …

6 Likes

My only thought is because they sell 1.5 day tickets, so how people leave so they can Jami more in.

We got the Express Pass so we are just going to pace ourselves, as we can’t get into Super Nintendo World until 4 pm.

…we are also going to try and go there first thing. Since we get up early, we will have no issues being there before park opens. (We keep waking up at 5 am)

6 Likes