A trip 35 years in the making

Only 5 days away and I am so unprepared! April 8th was our 35th wedding anniversary. Of course we are Disney bound! After Easter gatherings yesterday we went to the venue where our reception was held and recreated some of the outdoor pics. Things are not exactly the same there, (we have had 4 major hurricanes in this time span) but it was still lovely to see the place again.

Dh and I are both excited for this trip, but life has had us both a little depressed lately and I just haven’t had the usual desire and excitement over the preparations and planning as normal. I’ve been making myself do countdown pics and participate here but my heart just isn’t in it. But a Disney trip cures all ills, right?

Here is a rough outline of plans I have made so far:
Sunday April 16 arrive at Pop Century and just soak it all in.
Monday Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK, afternoon unplanned.
Tuesday Epcot
Wednesday Hollywood Studios, lunch res at Woody’s Roundup
Thursday Animal Kingdom, dinner at HS 50’s Primetime for Fantasmic
Friday cry all the way home.

35 Likes

I hope you have a wonderful trip and it helps bring some brightness to your life!!

7 Likes

Just realized my eyes are closed in the recreation pic. You are not helping, universe!!!

7 Likes

Those pics are spectacular (even if your eyes are closed)! Disney does seem to cure what ails you. Hope y’all have the best time.

9 Likes

Happy Anniversary!
Love the same big smiles in the photo recreation.

5 Likes

Have the most wonderful of times!! You are so fortunate to have had that time with your person. Disney will be magical.

5 Likes

Have a eonderful trip. :heart: these pictures.

5 Likes

What cute pics! That’s a great idea.

5 Likes

I hope you have a wonderful adventure and that it lifts both your spirits up and brings you closer to one another :heart:

6 Likes

I hope you will have an amazing trip.

5 Likes

You look lovely in both photos & how fun to re-create the memories! I hope Disney brings the lift you both need in life & that the time you are there together is cherished!

5 Likes

I hope you have a fabulous time!

5 Likes

Happy Anniversary! 35 years is a huge commitment of love, patience, forgiveness, and compromise. Love your recreated picture. Take lots of pictures at WDW! The bubble is always magical.

6 Likes

Happy Anniversary, this year is 35 for DW and I as well.

7 Likes

Happy Anniversary!
Your trip plans are great.

4 Likes

Nails ready!

21 Likes

On the road!

13 Likes

Glad I am on this side!

11 Likes

Safe journey!

5 Likes