A Stitch in Time saves Nine

Here we go!

Cast: me, DH, ODS (16), MDS (13), YDS (11), SIL, her boyfriend (strange word for people in their 40s…I’ll call him FBIL), Niece (9), Nephew (6)

Background: We talked years ago about taking SIL and her kids to WDW (she’s a single mom and could never afford it). Given ages and school schedules that didn’t align, we’re going 6/16-6/25. The 5 of us have been several times, it’s probably our last Disney trip for a while. SIL, FBIL, and Niece/Nephew have never been to any Disney park.

Plan:
6/16 - fly in, Sunshine Flyer to Shades of Green

6/17 - grocery delivery, wheelchair delivery, hit EPCOT about 11am, stay through EPCOT Forever

6/18 - late start to Hollywood Studios, reservations at Oga’s and Droid Depot, stay through Fantasmic!

6/19 - rope drop / early entry at EPCOT, Space 220 lounge reservation, probably done by early afternoon (depends how much WS exploring everyone is interested in) , afternoon swim, adults having date night at EPCOT with extended evening hours if we want to use them

6/20 - brunch at Boma, late start at Animal Kingdom

6/21 - late start at Magic Kingdom, Happily Ever After, work hard to keep younger kids going to make use of Extended Evening Hours

6/22 - non park day - reservations at Chef Mickey’s for brunch and Homecomin’ for dinner (we’ve never been, super excited!)

6/23 - rope drop / early entry at Magic Kingdom, dinner at Hoop Dee Doo

6/24 - rope drop / early entry at Hollywood Studios

6/25 - rope drop / early entry at Animal Kingdom, me, ODS, MDS, YDS doing Wild Africa Trek, fly home in the evening

Overall, plan to use ILL$ and Genie+ to minimize lines, but pretty nervous about it. This is our first G+ trip and with a large party … I’m hoping I can make it all work!

25 Likes

Busy morning before we leave for the airport at 12:30. ODS and MDS have to mow lawns (sharing only 1 mower), ODS needs to get a decent length run in (cross country summer miles), YDS has orthodontist appointment, and we’ve got to finish packing! You’d think I’d be getting to it instead of starting this trip report but … you get it, right?

13 Likes

It’s 9:00 eastern already!

Stop typing and get those chores and errands done!

Looking forward to following :smiley:

3 Likes

Luckily, we’re Central time. I’m waiting for the coffee to finish brewing and getting the kids moving in the right directions.

3 Likes

I’m still stressing for you!

4 Likes

Following! This sounds like a fun trip.

I love that you’re taking people that could not afford to go. I hope that their minds are appropriately blown!!

2 Likes

Looks like a great itinerary! Hope you have a great trip.

2 Likes

Mowing is done, running is done, currently at the orthodontist with YDS. Packing was about 90% when we left the house. Got 75 minutes until we need to call the Ubers :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Made it to the airport, plenty of time. Quick through security. Picking up Subway for our dinner on the plane, then we’re airborne!

Me, MDS, YDS

DH (not pictured due to being a grump = ODS)

SIL, Niece, Nephew

24 Likes

I keep reading MDS and YDS as my dear son and your dear son. :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

It took me a while to figure out it was oldest, middle, youngest… I think. :thinking: :rofl:

5 Likes

I misread this so badly
I read it as DH isn’t pictured because he’s a grump
So here’s a pic of my ODS
And I was so very confused for a moment
Like - your ODS has a beard? And it’s gray?! How old are you exactly?

BTW DH looks like a fun guy!

7 Likes

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :woman_facepalming: Yeah I never would have guessed that.

2 Likes

Ok yeah we had the same thought process there.

2 Likes

Correct! Sorry, it’s leftover from the mommy boards forever ago :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That would definitely be why he nor I knew it :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, I prefer the middle-aged, possibly-alcoholic women’s boards. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

10 Likes

Well then! You’ve come to the right place, my friend!

11 Likes

If you look carefully, you can see the elusive ODS, identifiable with his red shirt and excessive hair.

(I have no idea what is happening with my face)

The first time fliers did great on the very brief first leg of our journey.

21 Likes

:rofl:

6 Likes