A Rest Day at Disney?! An unexpected TR

Yes!! :heart_eyes:

Snuck out around 6:30 to take a little stroll around CBR and get our day set up. Wondering if we’ll feel an uptick in crowds today…

Guardians BG1 :white_check_mark:
TT LL :white_check_mark:
Guardians ILL :white_check_mark:

Gonna be a good day!

10 Likes

I was so beat last night I didn’t have the energy to type up our day. We have a resort transfer plus Magic Kingdom day today but I’m hoping to get caught up! After our rest day yesterday, I was ready for a full park day!! Alarm on and I was up early. Left the at 6:45 to head outside. I love the little peninsula with the rocking chairs in the morning. I grabbed a latte from the cafe and headed there. Brought a towel to wipe the morning dew off of the rockers. I sat out there and read my Bible and then made all the Genie plus plans and purchases. We secured Boarding Group 1 for Guardians, a park open Genie Plus Time for Test Track at 9:05 and a paid Individual Lightning Land for Guardians at 4:30.

After I secured those, I popped in my AirPods and strolled around the 1.25 mile walking path between the Riviera and the Caribbean Beach Resort. That place is huge! So many buildings. The path was lovely. I even discovered an offshoot called Castaway Caye that had a ton of Adirondack chairs, covered pergolas and a playground! Next time the kids and I stay over here I’m taking them over to play for sure! Assuming they are still young enough to want to do so. sob. They were also several Martin boxes towards the end of the path with martins flying everywhere! So cool.

Made it back into the room around 7:45 or so to find DD9 awake and laying down in the storage space under DS’s bed! I guess that is is neat place to lay down if you’re 9. Cute girl. My folks were awake and ready and were heading downstairs to grab breakfast at Primo Piatto before we left. They said to just shoot them a message when we were ready to leave.

I woke DD7 and DS up and they got ready quickly. We were out the door by 8:20. Grabbed some patries and another latte for me from the cafe on our way out and then met DMom and Dead by the fountains and walked to the Skyliner. I think we boarded at 8:35 or something like that. EE started at 8:30 today but I wasn’t targeting anything for Rope Drop since we had Genie for the day. Just planned to ride what we could in order of where we were and what we wanted over the course of the day.
We scanned in around 8:45 and I ended up taking the biometric reading from DD7 and DD9 and just assigned my fingerprint to their bands. They were having a really hard time this morning. This isn’t something I have ever done before and I don’t know why but I almost felt bad taking it from them but it really does make the whole scanning in process simpler and less stressful for everyone.

Anyway, we headed towards Guardians. It’s such a long walk! Took us 12ish minutes I think and that was walking at a slow (for me!! I was trying!!) pace trying not to leave DDad in the dust. He really has done well all trip and is logging a lot of steps but he’d prefer to not walk fast and I am trying to accommodate. I’m just by nature a very fast walker. Like I feel some tiny bubbles of rage in me when I get behind people who walk slow. Like, SO SLOW!! Ahh!! How is this a comfortable walking pace!! Anyway, I digress. Lol.

13 Likes

We scanned in to Guardians at 9:05 and were boarding at 9:22. We had DMom come through the line. She has motion sickness issues and I strongly advised her not to ride. No sense in messing her up at the beginning of the day. It was DDad 's first time riding and he had a great ride!! We got One Way or Another as our song.

Kids outnumbering adults is always tricky with odd numbers. All the kids want to ride with an adult but I don’t want the single rider to be a kid so I end up forcing siblings to ride together instead and they get grumpy. Today, that was DS and DD9. DD9 was feeling really nervous and wanted DS to hold her hand but kept telling me she didn’t think he would. I told her he would he just wouldn’t want anyone to know he did. Boys. eye roll Of course he held her hand, because he is actually a sweet kid. He just likes to act like a butt most of the time towards his sisters but he actually secretly loves them. Don’t tell him I wrote that down.

Heading straight over to Test Track after Guardians and convinced DMom that she could handle it! She was quite skeptical and kept asking about when/how long the fast part was and I kept telling her it was at the end but completely flat. No big drops and that she could totally handle it! She’s so funny and fun to ride with. She giggles and hollers and we all laugh! Good ride!! EXCEPT I accidentally reset our (DS, DMom, and I’s) car design when we only had :30 of design time left! Oops. Those screens don’t work most of the time anyway (they did about half of our ride today) so no big deal. I’m excited to see what they do with this ride when they reimagine it!

12 Likes

I had snagged a Lightning Land for Soarin’ next to we spend about 15 minutes walking over to the Land Pavilion. DS at first didn’t want to ride it. He doesn’t like heights and it makes him nervous but when everyone else wanted to ride he decided he’d go too. My parents both really enjoy this ride so this was a good one after the two faster rides at the start of the day.

Living with the Land was next. It’s always feeling busy in there when that ride has a 30 minutes standby queue. We grabbed a Lightning Lane and boarded swiftly. They had all of these ADORABLE displays throughout the gardens of different storybook scenes. They were so cute! And we always love this ride. It really is just so cool every time.

12 Likes

After Living with the Land, we had somehow been in the park for almost 3 hours! Crazy how fast the morning can go by! DDad was needing a break so he went back to the resort but DMom wanted to stay with us. We explored the Butterfly Garden. So cool!! We loved that they had all of the cocoons out to where we could see them in various stages of metamorphosis. It really was so fascinating to observe.

11 Likes

Figment and Moana after the butterflies! DD9 and DD7’s first time walking through Moana and they loved it! Great for a little splash. It helped to cool us down and was nice to have an as option to get a little wet but not soaked.

11 Likes

12 Likes

After Moana, it was noon and we were hankering for some sustenance. DMom took DS to Starbucks and they grabbed us drinks and DD9, DD7, and I bounced around to acquire slushies, BrunchCot (OMG, the avocado toast was so good!!) and a Mickey Pretzel. We sat down in that new seating area to enjoy our food. This is probably my new favorite hangout spot in the park. If it hadn’t been so hot yesterday I honestly would be content to bring my book over here and sit for an hour or two instead of going back to the resort to rest. But alas, it was hot.

So, we decided to head back. I had snagged a Lightning Lane for Frozen so we decided to use that first. On the way over we saw a mama duck with TEN ducklings!!! DD9 and DD7 almost died from excitement. They were tiny and so adorable.

12 Likes

Scanned in for Frozen next. DMom hadn’t finished her Starbucks drink and wasn’t just wanting to suck it down so she opted to wait for us. That ride is cute and much more fun for the kids than they care to admit. Lol. After that, the sun was blazing hot overhead and we headed back to the Riviera for a break.

10 Likes

Same!
Your kids are so cute. Mini versions of you. How great is it to enjoy the parks with your parents and the kids their grandparents? I cracked up at your Dad wanting to ride all the transportation as his rides. It’s such a Dad thing to do. Loving your report and sorry for overloading you with hearts.

7 Likes

What the heck — why does Remy have a shorter wait than Spaceship Earth?!

4 Likes

Because SSE is right at the front of the park, and a lot of people just get on it first because it’s there.

3 Likes

Well I’m more wondering why Remy is so low. Maybe it was down and just came online.

3 Likes

Woah!! Surely that’s what happened.

2 Likes

I grabbed a BG for Tron at 1:00. How long should I expect to wait? We’re Group 91 if that matters. They are on 68 now.

2 Likes

Your BG will be called about 3:30. I would plan to wait 50 minutes on average once you are in line. It can be as little as 30 and as much as an hour.

4 Likes

Perfect. Thanks @Jeff_AZ!!

2 Likes

Thank you!! They are pretty cute! :heart_eyes: He cracks me up too!

2 Likes

Ok, I’m for sure not catching up tonight but trying to get through the rest of our Epcot day! Where was I…We stayed to rest for a few hours. Kids watched cartoons. I snuck down to Bar Riva with a book and enjoyed a glass of wine. Took them to the pool for a bit. Great little time out of the sun.

We had an ILL booked for Guardians at 4:30. I had also had Space 220 booked for 4 pm but decided I didn’t want to spend a crapload of money on dinner there and switched it to Rose and Crown. Plus, pub food just sounded better. G-Paw came with us and my mom stayed a bit longer at the Riviera to rest and planned to just meet us in the UK.

9 Likes

This ride we got I Ran. Which is probably my least favorite but that’s ok. Also, DD7 decided last minute she didn’t want to ride which was a bummer but she was at least able to come through the line with us.

I had a Lightning Lane booked for Remy. It expired at 5:50 (like, for real. That was the 119 min mark). I had tried to modified it at the mid-afternoon drop time but it had spent a lot of time offline and none dropped. We left Guardians around 5 and our dinner reservation was at 5:30. I decided to try and squeeze Remy in before dinner. Neither of my folks had ridden it before so I wanted them to be able to. Well, it was a tad backed up and by the time we were loading it was pushing up against our reservation time. Figured we’d be fine but then DD7 realized she left her band on the ride so they we had to hoof it back to retrieve it.

By the time all was said and done, we were 20 minutes late at Rose and Crown. I never was able to check in on my phone - it kept saying I was too far away. I got as close as the bridge between France and the UK, right before you turn to the International Gateway exit. I was really surprised it wouldn’t let me there.

Oh, well. No harm no foul I suppose! After dinner, I had planned on letting the kids wander around World Showcase. They had wanted to get one of those scavenger hunt things for Flower and Garden and find all of the bees. But it was Saturday, and Epcot was crazy. They elected to leave instead. My folks were tapping out too. Fine with me! I felt like we missed out on World Showcase exploring this time but otherwise got to see and do lots of other fun stuff the park.

11 Likes