A Rest Day at Disney?! An unexpected TR

Oh I always miss the ones there! I rarely venture over to Cava. I hope you have a great MK day!!

5 Likes

Agree. I’m wondering if they did. Or they did have busses running from HS but no one communicated the EP line being down to them.

Or my parents just didn’t know to ask.

Both seem possible.

3 Likes

101ff336032f6d0cdef4f518e45345977ce71745_2_375x500

Looks like Mando has a large belly. It’s another guy but I had to zoom to make it work for my eyes :rofl:

fa0e7ceb593be0bbf1a322da258f02acdcc95701_2_666x500

Simply gorgeous.

Hope you enjoy the rest day! Your HS day sounded great (and long). Rest is needed…but will you make it all day? :thinking:

9 Likes

:joy:

We barely got to see him. He was leaving as we walked us so it was a very brief encounter!

5 Likes

I’m having strong doubts. DS is already pestering me to take him into Epcot. :laughing: Breakfast is soon at Cape May so it might be difficult to stay away!

Also, cracking up at my dad because taking him to Disney feels so similar to bringing a toddler. He needs lots of breaks. And he mainly just wants to ride all the different transportation things. He’s planning a day full of busses, boats and Skyliner rides. :sweat_smile::face_holding_back_tears:

Mom is the only one who seems to understand the assignment and is planning on spending her day with a book. :open_book:

12 Likes

I mean, GOTG is SO close… Do you have all the songs yet?

This sounds fun.

This also sounds fun. :rofl:

5 Likes

True. I told him I don’t want to buy an ILL though and I do not want to wait in the VQ line. Tomorrow, I will do both. lol.

It kind of does.

Would totally do this if the kids wouldn’t pester me the whole time. Maybe the pool later will help!

5 Likes

Absolutely no park related plans today! And I set no alarm. DD9, however, woke me up around 7:15 and then I was up for the day. We enjoyed not doing much of anything for a few hours. Me and Mom went downstairs for coffees and pastries and we came back to the room, headed to the balcony and watched the resort wake up. I always love being able to do that.

We left for our reservation at Cape May around 10. Dad had already left and was excitedly planning a day full of Disney transport. We made it over to the Beach Club and got checked in. Sat in the shade, watched all the little girls come in with their families dressed to meet Minnie, looked at the Easter Eggs inside of the Beach Club while we waited.

Got our table ready text about 3 minutes after our reservation time and sat down for breakfast. The kids and I have only ever eaten here once before and that was post-Covid……during Covid? Somewhere close enough to Covid to where it had reopened but hadn’t returned to buffet style and the characters hadn’t returned. So, it felt like a new experience. The buffet was pretty good! All seemed fresh. Good quality. And 10:30 is always such a great time to visit a buffet - right in between breakfast and lunch. I felt like this restaurant was on the bigger side - we only saw 3 out of the 4 characters and we were there for almost an hour. Kids are at the stage where they don’t really care about characters - in fact, they like to act like ‘ah! Characters! Embarrassing!!’ so they didn’t mind. I was bummed that we missed Donald - he’s DS’s favorite. Also, Goofy barely stopped going past our table to say hello before moving on to the table full of very eager littles next to ours and I didn’t get a picture which was a bummer.

14 Likes

After breakfast, I gave into DS’s request to go to Epcot. Shocking, I know. DDad went off to attempt his Disney transport day and the girls went back to the resort with DMom. DS and I made beeline for Starbucks and I attempted to relax and enjoy my coffee in the beautiful new area right outside. We enjoyed listening to the Jammitors and I lasted……5 minutes of ‘relaxation time’ before I was fidgety and we were off again. Harassed Ethan into taking a few picture with me at the new statue (tricky this time of day without sunglasses!!) and then we wandered around in Creations Shop. Some of the new Flower & Garden Festival merch is cute! No purchases made though.

14 Likes

13 Likes

I was trying to let DS dictate our steps since we weren’t even planning on being there and he was a little jammed up on making a decision. Lol. After shopping, he decided he wanted to ride Spaceship Earth - which we did with a quick 15 minute wait. While onboard, the 1:00 Virtual Queue opened and I grabbed BG 132. DS really was determined to stay in the park until it was called. Yea, no buddy. But keep dreaming! :slight_smile:

After Spaceship Earth I wanted to walk DS through Journey of Water. I have walked through it once, after my Marathon in January and it’s a testament to HOW FRIGGIN TIRED I was then that I only remember it as a cursory walk thru out of a feeling of obligation because today it was SO much more impressive to me! We loved all the details and all the interactive water elements! Can’t wait to take the girls through it tomorrow and I’d really love to see it at night too. We’ll see if we can fit it in.

12 Likes

13 Likes

12 Likes

After Journey into Water, we Journeyed into our Imaginations with our favorite purple dragon. We watched the jumping fountains for a few minutes and heading into the World Showcase. DS is still determined at this point in the day to stay until our Boarding Group is called - showing around 7 pm at this point in the day and it was only 2. Turned confidently left into Mexico and rode Gran Fiesta Tour which, I gotta say, it totally underrated. Such a cute little ride.

A few problems with DS’s plan….

1. It was really hot.
  2. It was 2:30 pm and the sun was directly overhead.
  3. We weren’t really that hungry and didn’t want to eat much in the World Showcase.

This led to a hasty jaunt around the World Showcase Lagoon and clamoring into the Skyliner a mere 30 minutes after we rode Gran Fiesta. HAHA! Tomorrow, we pledged to avoid being there during the middle of the day. Too much intense sun!

13 Likes

12 Likes

We were back in the room by 3:10. While we were gone my dad had ridden the boat from Beach Club over to Hollywood Studios and back to Epcot, then walked to the monorail station, ridden the monorail over to the Transportation Center, hopped off, ridden the resort loop, hopped back onto the Epcot Monorail and walked from the monorail station back to the Skyliner and home to the Riviera. He was more beat than I think he anticipated!

DMom had taken the girls swimming for a while and when I got home they let me sit down for approximately 90 seconds before informing me that they were hungry. Of course they were. Ha.

I fended them off for a bit but no less than 30 minutes after I got back into the room we were off again to seek out sustenance for the poor, hungry lambs.

Bar Riva was the ticket we were after. Great little quick spot to tide us over. After our lunch? Or snack? No idea what a meal at 4 pm is when you have dinner planned for later. Anyway, after our meal, the kids played whatever made up version of bocce ball they had created in their heads and then we headed up to the room. I let them watch cartoons for a little bit and then they all got back into their swimsuits and we headed down to the pool for a bit before dinner. I posted up in a lounge chair, popped in my AirPods and enjoyed listening to my audiobook while they played all kinds of shenanigans in the water.

13 Likes

They begrudgingly got out and dried off and then we headed back to the room to change for dinner. I love a good dinner at the resort!! So easy to get to! And easy to get home! Perfect.

We had a phenomal meal at Topolino’s. Service was excellent as was the food and we nudged the children with enough questions that we had a decent amount of good quality conversation. I was trying very hard to not be irritated by the table next to us. They had three small children, all on their tablets, all with the volume turned up fairly loud and it made it difficult at times to not let the noise from their devices mess with our dining atmosphere. For the most part, though, it didn’t bother me and we enjoyed our 2 hour meal.

Home after for a bit of Toy Story 2 and bed. Epcot for real tomorrow with everyone!

13 Likes

Here we call that “tea”. :grinning:

Your trip looks so amazing!

6 Likes

There we go! Perfect.

Tea. We had tea at 4. :smiling_face: :teapot:

4 Likes

Your trip looks so great. I also love watching the resort wake up! One of my favorite things, so quiet and peaceful.

3 Likes