A recent thread that's been on my mindso,

Maybe. Or, they hold some in reserve for the ability to create some “in park magic” for day-of guests, which, in turn, makes people happy and ultimately drives up revenue and potential return customers.

Depends. I think they care how guests feel in as much it impacts their bottom line. So, you could say that they only care about money. They are a business, after all. But they MAKE more money when they at least PRETEND to care about guests. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it does. Infinity! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Arbitrary to the guests, yes. To Disney? Not so much.

But it doesn’t change any part of the argument. NO ONE can plan on what Disney might do later. But the FP window is when the GUARANTEED FPs are available. That is, if I get the last FP for FOP at day 60+3, I’m guaranteed a ride on FOP (well, ignoring for uncontrollable circumstances like ride closures, etc). For the next 2 months, I don’t have to think about it.

But for that guest who is booking after that, they must play the “hope I can get one” game. And there is no guarantee they will.

So the “line jumping” effect of the leading/throwaway reservation is reducing the opportunity for legitimate guests to secure that security!

1 Like

I think there is a distinction between the two.

Yes. There is. I differentiated between the two in an earlier post.

1 Like

I didn’t see you bringing the power down and reducing the power by one.

1 Like

Um. Calculus isn’t involved, silly. That’s only for planning budgets!

What’s a “budget”?

2 Likes

It’s another name for a stroller while in Disney World.

That would explain why I don’t have one.

1 Like

Nope, even to them. CLs went from a predicted 2-10? More FPs drop. We’re extending hours? More FPs drop. There’s lots of run off from SWGE? More FPs drop. Hurricane inbound and closing the park? Just make everything an Anytime FPP. Ride going down for refurbishment? More FPs for the other rides.

See? All arbitrary on how many they generate and what type.

You weren’t guaranteed to snag that FPP on 60+3 either, so how is it any different? Those whose vacations overlapped that could’ve easily had them. But there’s more generated every day because it’s a rolling window anyway.

And there’s always the possibility that you cozy up to a CM and get a FP out of them. Or get a friend who has access to a constant bank of FPs (and they do exist).

Again, arbitrary to you…not to Disney. They have policies and practices which govern this. They are the man behind the curtain!

You misunderstand. ONCE you snag one, it is guaranteed. But if the pre-allocated FPs for, say, July 1, are gone at 60+3 days, then someone who is going to be there on July 1 at 60+2 days is out of luck in getting that particular FP.

1 Like

I think if they really cared how guests feel they would allow their CMs to stop some of the outrageous behavior you can see at time. I know I am “off the rails with this” but I honestly think over the last few years you can see the change.

2 Likes

Until Disney extends the opening hours. Or until you complain to WDW about something and get an anytime. Or you get a same-day drop.

1 Like

Agreed. That’s why I said that have to at least PRETEND to care. Like, for example, when were there the year of a Million Dreams (or whatever it was called) and CMs would just randomly come up to guests and bestow magic on them. My kids, they spontaneously gave trading pins as they were getting off a ride, which was magical to them.

I don’t believe Disney did it out of the kindness of their heart. It was a calculated move. They were PRETENDING to care! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. Which is out of a guest’s control The 60 day FP window is about having GUARANTEED FPs, not ones you hope might (or might not) pop up later.

1 Like

That’s true of all corporations, surely? In a capitalist society, it does all ultimately come down to money.

I do care about my students. I really do. But if they stop paying, I stop teaching them. And, I guess, I stop caring, ultimately.

Which goes back to my original points. Many of us here will help new liners and all the options for finding FPs, like drops or extended hours. FPs are not that important to me so I have never used a drop, just like I have never used any of those other strategies. That doesn’t mean I don’t know about them and will not help someone learn how to grab them.

For my very first trip, a wonderful liner umbrella’d me into her 60 day FPP window and made that trip extra magical.

1 Like

Totally within the rules- was that “stealing”?

You keep saying “guaranteed”…but there’s nothing guaranteed even at the 60-day mark beyond having the ability to schedule “something.”

There’s no guarantee that the ride you want will be available. Rolling windows and varying vacation lengths of others prevent such a guarantee.

1 Like