A Question about "waiting time"

When you use the automated planner, and you specify that you want to use a G+ LL for a particular ride, it gives you an estimated waiting time. Does this “waiting time” take into account the time savings made possible by your LL reservation? Or is it a raw waiting time that hasn’t included your LL time savings?

Also, a lot of the wait estimates seem kind of short when you compare them to the average wait times posted on this and other sites, particularly since OC schools are on spring break during that week. Is this a potential malfunction?

2 Likes

I use touring plans in Disneyland as reminders of what I want to accomplish. For actual wait times or more approximate wait time, I use the Disneyland app and check at various times of day to see what wait times are like for the days leading up to my trip.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the Disneyland Lines app is not as well maintained as the WDW version. Predicted wait times are often pretty far off and there are often weird results due to coding bugs. (Also worth noting that waits in DLR can swing wildly due to downtime, crowd patterns, etc. that are hard to predict anyway.) You can submit an IT ticket to TP if you see a specific issue that seems like it could be addressed.

I would assume 30 minutes for a minor attraction and 60 minutes for a major attraction as a rule of thumb. LL / ILL waits are usually 5-15 minutes.

You can still use the app and the plans to sketch out your day as @illini74 suggests. I often do this. Just take everything with a grain of salt.

4 Likes

TP is useless in creating a touring plan at DLR. The reason to get a TP subscription for DLR is the forum and the chat. The information Liners provide is gold.

3 Likes

Hi BellesRose
Thanks for the honest assessment. In your opinion, what aspect(s) of TP make it useless?

1 Like

I wouldn’t use the term “useless” but I agree that you should not expect a Disneyland Touring Plan to accurately reflect your wait time. It’s good for just about everything else (i.e., having a place to map out your day).

2 Likes

As @Jeff_AZ stated, it’s the actual touring plan TP creates. It will NOT give you accurate wait times for DLR or accurate return times for LL reservations. CC can be moderately helpful, but over the last couple years I’ve found “Is It Packed” a better predictor for DLR. TP focuses on WDW and is great for that, but they don’t have enough resources for DLR to make their info accurate and/or up to date.

2 Likes

Hmm, this park planning stuff can get confusing! I’m not sure about the specifics of wait times with Genie+, but my experience with theme parks in general is that posted wait times aren’t always gospel. They can fluctuate wildly depending on the day, time of day, and even how busy a particular ride is at that moment.

Spring break adds another layer of chaos for sure! If you’re set on using a Lightning Lane for a specific ride, my advice would be to factor in some extra wiggle room beyond the posted wait time – just to be safe.

On a brighter note, have you considered a desert safari dubai vip? It’s a totally different vibe, but amazing fun and a great way to escape the park crowds.

1 Like