A Question About Cancelled or Postponed Tickets

This is my 1st attempt at a thread at this site, so please be gentle. :wink:

My question has to do with WDW multi-day tickets. I purchased 4 of them (with PH) for our now cancelled trip Apr. 25-May 2. We have since decided to wait a year to visit hoping things will have gotten somewhat back to normal by next April. When I called Disney to see if I could extend them beyond the new deadline of Dec. 15th, I was told I could but there would be an additional cost based on next season’s price. Does that seem fair? I have already paid for them and they were preempted through no fault of my own. Or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill and should just take the price hike like a man…

I think that’s reasonable.

They’re being fair to you by letting you use them past their expiry.

1 Like

They’re granting you the full value of the tickets to use anytime. Seems fair to me.

2 Likes

It might help to think about it this way. If they flat out refunded your tickets, and then you paid the going price next year, you’d be in the same net situation.

6 Likes

I don’t know what the price difference is right now, but if you wait, they might actually have a price decrease this year or early next if I were to wager … once they reopen they may have to entice people to come back. I wouldn’t expect a large increase for sure. But don’t stake anything on my word. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was told that if we can’t use them by 12/15 they never lose their value and can always be applied towards the purchase of new tickets. But I expect to have to pay the going rate when we are able to change them. Personally, I’d wait. If they end up being closed for longer - or having to close again in the fall/winter - they might be extending the dates even more.

1 Like

Thank you all for replying to my question. You have noted some things I hadn’t thought about.
I am coming around to the fact the Disney is doing it’s best to accommodate me (and others) the best they can. I will probably wait until very close to the Dec. 15th deadline before making my final decision. The Covid-19 situation will most likely be a bit clearer by then.
Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Bums

2 Likes