A New Touring Plan Idea

We think that we have enough people in the park at opening to require us not to send people to the same ride, yeah. I encountered it once while testing a plan for the book years ago: a decent number of people in line ahead of me at Dumbo were all following the same plan.

8 Likes

Outside of the fact that I have visions of @fred in a lab coat, laughing maniacally, pulling levers, and pushing flashing buttons every time someone rolls the dice with this feature, is this intended as a gateway to personalized planning? As I’ve said, I like the idea and I think this would really work for those that don’t like to plan (those people are weird, but appears to be a lot out there). Would there be a path from there to ease them into slowly putting together their own plan?

This is probably forward thinking a bit and wondering how it can be used to further commit folks into the TP system so they stay as customers.

1 Like

There is a proportion of users who like our services but can’t or won’t invest the time to create a personalized plan. This new idea will be for them. We will assume that if you wanted a personalized plan you would have made one.

5 Likes

I never like the personalized plans… they have me zig zagging all over the park even though I tell them to bal walk/wait time. I have only sooo many steps in my day before my knee tells me, “NO more walking!” I can’t do the zig and zag :frowning: anymore

2 Likes

You can rearrange the steps to suit your needs (like less walking) and then evaluate. I’ve done that a lot. I don’t religiously follow a plan in the park, but I will make a plan (or 5 with varying scenarios) to see where I want to start and my general path after that start.

2 Likes

oh yes… I do rearrange it, but I feel like I’m messing w/ what’s best when I do that and then throw up my hands and say, “To hell w/ it! I need it my way!” :joy: I will try the

though, thanks for that suggestion!

Slide your slider all the way to one end or the other vs balance. Your wait times will go up some, most likely, but you won’t zig zag.

1 Like

This. I find it best to optimize for walking, rather than balanced. Also, set your walking speed slower to make it even less likely to have you zig zagging.

2 Likes

When my kids were smaller I had the slowest walking speed set. Now both of them walk faster than me. So I keep it in the middle :laughing:

I tend to keep it to minimize walking though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the GREAT suggestions @OBNurseNH and @ryan1 !!!

1 Like

I also tend to look at how long it takes to complete all the steps which will include walking and waiting. I don’t necessarily want to wait less if it means I’m walking a lot more and finishing at about the same time. For my May trip with Chessie, I made a plan with us starting at RnRC and ToT. I made another plan starting with TSL and SDD. I made another plan starting with MMRR. We decided from there which one would be best for us based on our priorities. Then we couldn’t get on our flight and ended up not getting there until 5:00 PM and all the plans went out the window! :joy:

4 Likes

Chessie?
image https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51hJuKkVqTL.jpg

3 Likes

Exactly!

We heard Chessie used as a name in the remake of the Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan - the father’s housekeeper. But the connection with trains (DxH loves trains) and cats (I love cats) pushed it over the edge in the naming sweepstakes. :joy:

5 Likes

That is so cool! I think that is probably the first place I heard the name.

2 Likes