8th Nov USA entry update, Covid testing and children

Yes, agreed. The France rules were explicit that children follow the rules of their parents.

1 Like

Well this is very disappointing if correct just got sent this info via an article in the sun.

“Washington DC has said that unvaccinated under 18s will have to take a post-arrival test between days three and five of their visit. “

I think that is good news, they have issued a clarifying order that the under 18s do NOT have to quarantine if they are with vaccinated parents. Just grab an at-home test and do it in the room on day 3.

2 Likes
1 Like

thats good what is the situation with USA home tests? do they just ask you to do it and trust you will or is it a send in one that has to be done by video etc?

My read of this rule is that it’s a “sworn statement” type of situation that they aren’t really checking. To enter the country you have to do a video one, but they aren’t coming after you mid-way through your vacation!

3 Likes

makes sense thanks.

1 Like

And hey if they can’t rely on the sworn statement of my DD7, then what can they rely on
Heck, she even brushes her teeth without being reminded.

2 Likes

You’ve accurately summed up all of the American contact tracing and self-quarantine efforts!

4 Likes

And now my reserved test dates are useless!

original bookings were for 24th so we would know we could travel on 27th and relax and enjoy Christmas.
Now we have had to book tests for 26th which isn’t the end of the world, but has left us all still feeling not very confident once again!

1 Like

I am so sorry! Will it be hard to get the results in time?

1 Like

You could do lateral flow tests on Christmas Eve to put your minds at rest.

2 Likes

I think that will be fine, results should be same day and we booked morning appointments.

of course now we also find out we have to get a test result before flying back to! no idea what test that will need to be.

1 Like

Its a good idea and I think we will be doing them regukarly in run up.

3 Likes

I’m sorry.
This is all so aggravating. :frowning:

1 Like

Yea same situation here, have to move tests up to departure day because we are spending a night within EU before flying over to the US. We will do tests a few daya prior to ease our minds.

Tough isnt it. I’m also now unsure if we will still have to do a day 2 test after we have landed back in UK as we now have the preflight test just before coming back.

1 Like

Does anyone have a plan B for finding accommodation in Orlando, if the one day pre departure supervised LFTs (now required before boarding an aeroplane to the U.K.) are positive? I can’t imagine that many properties will welcome people quarantining.

I am using Breathe Assured for the nurse supervised LFTs one day prior to departure from U.K. They also offer the nurse supervised LFTs needed one day before returning to the U.K. for £15 per person. I have used BREATHE as a discount code for Randox for the prior to day 2 arrival PCR. They post the testing kits out in advance, so I am going to leave them in the car, test immediately and drop them off at one of the drop boxes in the motorway service stations on the way home.

1 Like

That makes sense IF a day 2 arrival PCR is needed! that test has been removed on the latest statement instead listing the pre entry back to the UK test.