83 minute wait at Crowd Level 3?!?!

One thing to keep in mind is that even with Fastpass, you are often waiting up to 30 minutes for the busier rides, plus factor in all the time you spend before your trip hammering out the details! And if standby lines are creeping up toward an hour, I’m fairly certain Disney will roll out the virtual queues for those attractions.

I was really surprised there was no announcement about these. We know they can do it w/ RotR and it seems successful / popular at Universal atm.

Although the idea that I could get multiple rides on RotR now w/ a SB only queue is another :heavy_plus_sign: in the reasons I haven’t cancelled yet.

1 Like

YES! Although I’m of two(+) minds of how long the standby queue will end up being.

Assuming there are no virtual queues and lines are reasonable, I will actually be very satisfied to know that all I had to do was this one “park reservation” step and won’t have to worry about 4am FPP reservations and rope drop / BG drill (although I do feel my months of watching the system have gone to :poop:).

4 Likes

I was debating last night how many hours I would be willing to sacrifice, missing out on other rides, on my first visit to DLR to do RotR a couple times in a single day. (IMHO - it’s still going to be the busiest ride there even w/ SB)

Since it’s on both coasts I know I’ll get to do it again at WDW, so am I willing to skip extra rides on Indy / Matterhorn / Mr. Toad / etc… that are “new to me” for it the chance to repeat RotR.

1 Like

This is the only one in DL I would try to hit multiple times. I mean, you’ll probably do Matterhorn and Mr. Toad twice since you are a Disney buff, but most people would be bored by them. But Indy has SO much detail that’s impossible to absorb on one ride.

2 Likes

In every TP I made prepping for DLR, Indy is ALWAYS the first ride I run to! I’ve waited so long to do it!! :grinning:

1 Like

I’m excited for you! The first time was so amazing. It never quite gets that same response from me anymore now that I know every beat. I wonder if I’d love it as much if the first time I rode it was as an adult…

1 Like

You’d certainly LIKE it.

We rode it back in 2013 - very much an adult - and it was awesome. It was : WHY is there nothing like this at WDW.

I know. Dinosaur is supposed to be the same.

Nope. I’ve never been impressed with Dinosaur. Or rush to extinction. Or whatever . . .

1 Like

Yeah I’ve ridden both versions of Dinosaur and it just didn’t hit me like it could have. And I love dinosaurs. It needs more heart to it or adventure or something. Some magic.

Story line is apparently everything.

1 Like

Apparently you are all heartless and care nothing for the poor dinosaurs.

1 Like

I would say the first few weeks of data might be mostly worthless as well, because they may adjust park capacity up or down during that time as they get a feel for how things flow. It will also take some time for CMs to adjust to distancing with actual butts in the seats, and for any real patterns in traffic flow to be apparent.

Cedar Point in OH is not only requiring phones, but also requesting that guests always allow location services because they’re planning on pushing notifications throughout the day regarding distancing measures and attraction availability and wait times with regard to where people are in the park. If WDW does something similar then that will disrupt the natural traffic flow patterns we’re used to seeing.

I 100% agree. Plus, as we’ve learned from other WDW queuing experiences / policies that they can/will change them at a moments notice. (I wanted to write, “Don’t expect a reliable TP update until at least after Labor Day.” However, I felt that would be met w/ some resistance from TP fans and people anxious about trips happening soon.)

However, IME, they’ll put some kind of update out ASAP to at least try to help ppl who are going in August - that’s their business after all. But I’m not even planning on making a TP for my Sept. trip. (That’s a big deal for me! I been using TP since 2012… going back to the “wild west” of No Plan is daunting atm!)

1 Like

My most vivid memory of my first childhood trip to WDW in the early 90’s was walking right up to Sci-Fi and asking for a table for 4 and being seated ASAP.

FYI - No one has said there won’t be ADRs. Not sure where @abbye.spears got that from. You will have to book 60 days in advance like you do at Disneyland instead of 180 days.

WDW just hasn’t opened up those reservations yet or announced when they are doing it.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/dining-reservations/advance-reservation-window/

Oh yes, I still know there are ADR’s I was merely reminiscing back to the “good ole days” without FPP or Adr’s

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to the character cavalcades and hope I get to see them in all 4 parks at some point during the days I’m there. It’s that little bit of extra Disney magic goodness that I really need right now

1 Like

Cool… Not trying to troll anyone. However, there have been a few incorrect comments made recently. A lot of people use these forums for news instead of social media. I’m excited about FPP being gone too.

(Although, I will miss Single Rider. That’s my favorite “hack” in every theme park. I don’t need to sit next to my DW during the ride. We’re too focused on what going on around us anyway to even notice the other is there or not!)

1 Like

Plan on GOTG more than once! So awesome. I love DLR.

1 Like

After I booked our APRs my DH asked “when do we book the fast passes.” I looked at him and said, “um, I thought I mentioned there weren’t any fast passes? We are going to Disney like it is 1989.”

He approves as he thinks our DD9 needs to better appreciate my trip planning.

I think everyone needs to use the “vintage” filter on their camera phones in honor of these trips.

1 Like