7DMT wait time concerns

I know this topic has been covered, but searching through the threads I couldn’t find anything recent so I want to check to see if anything has changed since last year. I couldn’t get a FP+ for 7DMT for our trip this Sept so we’re planning on RD. However, when I make my TP, it puts us riding at around 1 pm with a 33 min wait (which is doable if that’s a true wait time). If I try to move it to first thing in the morning like we’re planning, it has a 40 min wait at 9am. So 2 questions: 1)have these wait times been what people are actually seeing, especially 40 min at RD? and 2)should I just wait and ride it at night with shorter waits? Thanks!

I’ve rode 7DMT (with a FPP) 4 times (all different times of the day) and the longest I ever waited was 10 mins. Maybe I have been extremely lucky (all 4 times) but I was genuinely surprised at how fast the FPP line goes! Hopefully my FPP mojo will rub off on you :wink:

Hopefully I’ve answered even a part of your question.

1 Like

We were able to ride twice a few months ago with 20 minutes or less, no FP+. Once was afternoon (2pm) and once was evening (11pm). In my experience, it was very packed in the morning. I think everyone’s going there first since it’s the new attraction on the block. IMHO I would trust your touring plan and hit up everything else you wanna do then head to 7DMT in the afternoon. Have fun!

1 Like

I’m wondering, when you tried to get FPP was it at the 60 days out?

No I’m staying off property so I could only do it 30 days out. I still have a couple days left before my 30-day window is done for my whole trip (if that makes sense) so I’ll keep trying but I’m not holding my breath.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I know we’re always told to trust the TP :slight_smile: so I’m glad you had an experience that matches what I’m being told!

1 Like

We are staying on property but I’m still worried I will not get one for my daughter to M&G Anna&Elsa. Fingers Crossed!

Touring plans assumes you aren’t going to be the front of the pack walking the fastest. If you are going to be up against the rope and not watch the welcome show,go for it first thing. If you aren’t right at the front,go later when TP says.

Have faith @lgorgone!! In June I was staying offsite and found a FPP the last day of my visit for the evening, CL 9. You can still get one!! Good luck to you!!

1 Like

This blog post may be of help. http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/08/13/fastpass-priorities-magic-kingdom-2/#more-95156

1 Like

Yes keep checking. Believe it or not people do cancel them. We cancelled one last trip on night before as we decided to skip the park the day we’d initially planned. (Needed a rest day)

1 Like

keithloveswaffles had a good point. If you power walk at the front of the pack (as many Liners do), it can change things provided you are truly one of the first in line. To adjust for this on a touring plan, I usually make a “dummy” FP+ to reflect a more accurate wait time.

That said, to echo Quattro, people do cancel their FP+ last minute. I scored one the night before my MK day for 7DMT, and it made me feel like a boss. :slight_smile:

1 Like