7DMT Intensity

Sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering how intense the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is. My parents don’t do intense rides, Big Thunder is too much but they can handle Splash, but they are interested in this one. How big is the drop and is it really fast? A potential day-wrecker or can you recover fairly quickly afterwards? I however am very excited to try this ride out in 14 days!!! :slight_smile:

not as intense as BTMRR, more intense than, say, Barnstormer. It’s really just a pure fun ride, not a thrill ride by any means.

1 Like

This review from the TP blog yesterday made it sound much more gentle than I’ve been imagining. http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/08/05/notes-underground-chickens-review-seven-dwarfs-mine-train/

The “big hill” (if you can even really call it that) is probably about 20-30 feet, and is not very steep; it is clearly visible as you walk past the ride heading to Beast’s castle. Not as fast as BTMRR, and because the ride is so smooth, it doesn’t actually “feel” as fast as it is. And there’s probably less than 60 secs of “rollercoaster” portion of the ride (30 seconds of coaster, 30 seconds of “dark ride”, 30 seconds of coaster). Exceptional theming, details, and AAs; minimal “thrills”.

2 Likes

Looking forward to riding this for the first time, but have heard that the back is more “swingy”. You may want to avoid that section with the parents! :smile:

Got some really good swinging action in the last car with hands-up (tip from a CM that worked)

Thanks everyone for your replies! It will be a day of decision but I think they could handle it.