4 Parks/1 Day Touring Plan

My wife would never have gone along with my plan, but she wanted to do a spa day so she let me go do my own thing. :smiley:

Solo is an easy way to do the 4 parks, my wife just says ā€œwhyā€. Just doesnā€™t get it

1 Like

timtjarks this is a great plan! What a wonderful day. I think I might do something like this with each of my kids right before or right after graduation.

1 Like

So, Iā€™m really starting to think about rescheduling our FPs for AK (park 1) or DHS (park 2 - even though there is not much availability right now). The benefit here would to be getting the first FP out of the way and start booking others as soon as possible after that first use. We have a group of 5.

It seems like I might be over-emphasizing the benefit of Soarinā€™ FPs based on previous experience, and I might be able to grab that and others with the rolling FP option. Can we book two additional Tier 2 FPs at EP after our first one in AK (FEA and Soarinā€™)? Will rolling FPs all day be a better option than what weā€™ve got currently scheduled at Epcot? Thoughts?

1 Like

IF you can get them at this point, SDD FP+ has to be the best bet. Otherwise youā€™ll probably have a 90+ minute wait just there. Go ahead and get Tower FPs too, and something else early in the morning so it expires. Doesnā€™t matter what.

Get to Naā€™vi River at RD.

The problem you will run into with picking up FPs later same day is that you have 5 people. Get creative and try to find single FPs in overlapping times. I think Iā€™d still rather standby all the Epcot stuff than doing that at SDD.

1 Like

Based on what we were seeing already, we will not get SDD or ToT FPs booked for late morning in advance, and we were already open to STANDBY in those lines as they are two of our key attractions. Currently on our TP, SDD is projected at 60 mins STANDBY and ToT projected at 40 mins STANDBY, which we will be OK with provided we have plans later in the day for minimal waits elsewhere.

So, I am now thinking early FPs at AK just to use them up in the system so that we can book others late morning (try to add SDD or ToT if possible), or early afternoon at EP.

Our attractions that we really do not want to miss are the following:

AK: EE & DINO (just walking thru Pandora is enough for us)
DHS: TOT and SDD
EP: FEA, Soarinā€™ and SSE
MK: 7DMT, HM, BTMR, TTA, Tiki and POTC

Based on that, Iā€™d stick with your Epcot FPs. EE has single rider, and Dino probably wonā€™t be so bad. Then work on getting some same day FPs at MK after youā€™re through with your Epcot.

1 Like

I will always make FPs earlier in the day. If you do decide to change to FPs to AK hopefully you can get EE and Dino for early in the morning. RD Navi is easy to do since everyone else is headed to FOP, you wont wait long. If you time the drops right you may luck out and get a FP for SDD but donā€™t be surprised if its for later in the afternoon which could mess with your plan. As far as Epcot, you may be able to pick up Soarin and SSE but probably not FEA. By the time you get to MK the only tough FP is 7DMT, you have a chance of picking up others like POTC, HM or BTMR.

OK - so I reran my Personalized Touring Plans for the day, and since you can only pre-book one of the Tier 1 FPs for Epcot, there was little value in time savings for the other two FPs that I had booked. With the limitations that puts on scheduling other FPs, I think I might try and book two early FPs at AK and then modifying all day long in an attempt to book something at DHS (ToT?), other attractions at Epcot (Soarinā€™ or FEA), and additional attractions at MK late in the day.

Thanks for all of the insight, everyone, it really has made me step back once again and reconsider all options.

2 Likes

So, we cancelled our Epcot FPs and have now scheduled FPs at AK for Dinosaur (9:00) and a mid-day FP for EE, which we plan to modify or cancel. So, we will RD EE and then use our FP for Dinosaur and start the modifying process once we tap-in there. We will try to add/modify a NRJ FP, or just go standby, which TP says should only be about a 30 min wait at 9:40 am. Other add/modify options will be for SDD or ToT at DHS, or FEA or Soarinā€™ at Epcot.

Why not just RD Navi and then modify EE after Dino? Correct me if I am wrong but donā€™t you have to use the original 3 in the first park before you can get one in another park?

Mostly because we do not care if we ride Navi as much as riding EE. Weā€™re happy to cancel the EE FPs right away and get something else for DHS or Epcot. I guess weā€™re just not 100% ready to assume weā€™ll get FPs for EE at 9:20 or something like that. Are we wrong? Weā€™ll gladly ride EE again or Navi if we get them, but weā€™re still not counting on it.

Got it. I think your chances are pretty good to modify EE earlier. What day are you doing this?

Not if you donā€™t book three to start with AND are park hopping.

1 Like

Thanks, never actually tried. Was just worried it wouldnā€™t work.

Iā€™m confused by these last 2 responses @Nicky_S and @galuchies_463555. Can you please explain - Iā€™m not sure I understand what youā€™re both saying here. Thanks in advance.

For reference, Iā€™ve booked three FPs for AK (Dino, Primeval and EE) with no intent to use the last two. We plan to modify those FPs to something earlier at AK or something else at DHS. Will that work?

That was my question. I have never tried it. I have always used my first three in my first park before getting a FP in another. According to @Nicky_S you will be able to modify to another park.

You can modify to another park if and only if you donā€™t hold any currently at the original park. So you canā€™t have 3 AKā€™s, tap the first and modify the 3rd. You have to cancel them all before you start trying to book FPā€™s in a different park.

Also, definitely try https://fp4me.com/
Itā€™s like the reservation finder but for FPā€™s. Iā€™ve heard itā€™s got a good success rate.

Also, also, I donā€™t know how accurate these times are (the FoP is reportedly still working) but there are the other same-day drop times I have from December:
Flight of Passage FPā€™s are made available at 11:01, 1:01, 3:01 and 5:01. Epcot drops Soarinā€™ and Test Track at 11:30, 1:30, and 3:30 and Hollywood Studios drops Toy Story, Alien Saucers or Rock n Roller Coaster at 12:00 and 2:30.

1 Like

Your three initial FPs can be pre-booked at one park only. And if you want more or different ones in that park, you have to use all three first. And of course, only one can be a tier 1 ride / attraction.

However if you donā€™t want to pre-book three, maybe you could only get FoP that day but itā€™s really going to be an Epcot day, then you can book just FoP.

Once in the park and tapped into FoP (remembering the possible front of line tap-in), you can then book your remaining initial FPs elsewhere. In this case, you can book another tier 1 FP at Epcot and another tier 2 ride whilst still in AK.

Or take it one step further and book Soarin and TSMM (probably the most likely tier 1 options at Epcot and DHS).

If you still hold on to all your AK FPs, and then decide on the day to park hop after using one of them, you cannot use MODIFY to change the others. You could either cancel and then book for Epcot. Or check availability first by going in to the ADD option. Ignore the warnings, see what you can book and then select them and confirm. Only at that point will your existing ones be cancelled.

Iā€™ve done it myself having one pre-booked after an Epcot tour. DS said ā€œletā€™s see whatā€™s available at MKā€ and was able to book - whilst I was literally saying ā€œNo, weā€™ll have to book a couple more here before we can book at MKā€! :joy:

Then did it again with GMR and Star Tours at DHS, and getting Soarin for the evening.

Not tried the double tier 1 rides option though!

1 Like

These are exactly the answers that I was looking for. We plan to leave AK after 2 hours at the most, so likely will only use 1 or 2 FPs there, depending on a quick check for a modify at AK once we tap in at Dinosaur. Then, we will cancel the rest and try booking FPs at other parks while still in AK. I am assuming Dinosaur does not use a front of line tap-in?

I really appreciate all of the help.

1 Like