4 Hours Solo in MK and Epcot

DH and I are taking our DS2 on our first trip in January and yesterday DH volunteered to take DS2 back to the condo to nap without me on our MK and Epcot park days so I can enjoy a few extra things. So… what should I do? I’ll roughly have from 12:30 to 5.

I have my MK day mostly filled in. I’ll have Splash FP, Philharmagic, Haunted Mansion (maybe 4th? maybe standby), parade, Sleepy Hollow waffle, PeopleMover… looks like that will fill the time well. Also planning on shopping, taking photos, and charging my phone. :wink:

For Epcot, I’m having a little more trouble. My ideas were macaron ice cream sandwich, Impressions de France, meet Belle or Aurora and some shopping/country browsing. And also trying to score Soarin FP (either rider switch after 5 or one for me while he’s gone and one for him after 5.)

What am I missing? Also, any tips for temporary solo traveling? (We don’t have hoppers so I have to stay put.)

1 Like

I have done Epcot solo. I like doing the WS videos, and try to make it over to Boardwalk for Ample Hills. Short walk from IG.

Generally I try to do things kids will have difficulty doing or sitting through. You can pretty easily do multiple hours in WS soaking up atmosphere.

1 Like

I probably wouldn’t plan. Heresy I know! I’d just do whatever took my fancy, at my own pace.

3 Likes

I probably wouldn’t plan either. My favorite part about Epcot is the atmosphere. I think I’d just snack my way around. I would probably sit and watch the fountain and the shows in WS. My DH doesn’t like those much.

2 Likes

When I did an afternoon in MK solo, it was a CL5 in June of last summer. I snagged 9…I repeat 9 fast passes by myself by just rolling where MDE would let me just walk on. I second the liner above who recommended no plan. You might have a list of things in particular that husband snd DD don’t want to do, but other than that, this is a rare time I would wing it.

2 Likes

No plan. Just do whatever YOU feel like doing! That’s incredibly refreshing as a mom.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement to wing it, everyone! I probably could spend the entire time wandering WS and just looking at all the details. I know my toddler won’t care about any of that.

2 Likes

That sounds like a lot of fun. I would love to try that.

Shame_Mother_Angelica

1 Like

First of all Kudos to your sweet husband. I love the shows at Epcot particularly Voices of Liberty and Matsuriza.

1 Like

He’s the best. It had already occurred to me that we both didn’t need to sit in the apartment watching TV during our son’s nap, but I would have never asked him for more than a souvenir shopping excursion at the outlets.

I never have to worry about having this problem, my wife wants the nap more than the toddler! I think when he is big enough to not need a nap I’ll probably be taking all 3 kids around the park by myself for a couple hours every afternoon. I did that with the 2 oldest this year and they just kept right on trucking except on the very hottest 2 days when we hit the pool instead.

1 Like