4 extras bought, I guess we are all in now

We (ok I) purchased EMM FL, EMM TSL, HEA after dessert party, and SW dessert party.

I know I am needy, but tell me this will be worth the money. (we have the money, but I am really cheap)

I started this journey with the 5 of us going on Free Dinning. I now have a party of 11, splitting one room of Deluxe with one room of Free QS and the extras mentioned above. I am so excited to see how it turns out. I know it was a lot more money than I originally thought, but I think we will get great memories and a decent value out of what I selected.

6 Likes

It will be worth it! The extras we have done always provide some of our favorite memories from the trip. My philosophy is that you are already spending a lot to go to Disney, so you might as well spend a little more and have an amazing time! Can’t wait to read your trip report!

6 Likes

You’re making good choices here.

ESPECIALLY the After-fireworks party. Haven’t done the others, but I’m in full support of that after party.

4 Likes

You won’t regret it!

EMM took so much pressure off touring the rest of the day and made it easier to take mid-afternoon pool breaks. Being in a near-empty MK is magical. The HEA dessert party is probably my favorite add-on. It’s a shame things are getting so expensive, but as @DumboRunner has told me, you’ll remember the experiences but you won’t remember the extra money you spent years from now.

6 Likes

You could add me and make it 12 :slight_smile:

These are great. I’ve never done the EMMs but have done the dessert parties and we think they are worth it.

4 Likes

The more the merrier. But I am not adding more ADRs, you will have to do that ok? :wink:

1 Like

I’ll do rides while you eat :slight_smile:
I would love to hear how your extras work out. I’ve not booked ours for our upcoming trips in the fall and winter, but those are on the Possibles list.

2 Likes

I wish I could do EMM.

1 Like

Someone said it ends up being $1/minute of ride time. Probably not the best use of my money either.
I want to do DAH sometime.

Oof. But it you’re churning out rides and eating it works for me more than a dessert party or other upcharge. I feel like the potential ROI is high.

I’ve done all those extras at some point (not all on the same trip). They are worth it if you can afford it. You will have great memories!

3 Likes

I’ve never done HEA without a dessert party and I don’t think I ever would. For me it just takes all the stress away, and it’s far more comfortable. I’ve only ever done the Plaza Gardens party and I think the after-party is the better choice. During my trip this month I am doing that party and also the Tomorrowland Terrace version — really just to see what it’s like.

I don’t do EMM because I don’t do EM, but I’ve booked the nighttime equivalents: DVAH, and DAH at both AK and HS. I’ve done all three (well DAH at MK rather than DVAH) before and didn’t regret that choice at all. Again, it takes all the stress away. Also, the parks are cooler and (obviously) less crowded. The same will be true for EMM, of course.

I did the SW dessert party during my first trip two years ago. I’ve not done it again. The party is fine, but the fireworks were not so compelling to me that I feel the need to see them again. I’m just not that bothered about SW, to be honest.

So I think you’ve made some fine choices and I don’t see that you will regret any of them. They will make your trip better and less stressful. Which is a win.

3 Likes

Hey, you could eat at Ohana for $60 over the course of an hour, and that would come to $1/minute too, while you could have just eaten a PB&J :joy: It’s all how you value your time and money. I’d rather skip a TS meal or two, and do EMM instead.

3 Likes

Frankly, I think that’s a bargain.

I worked out that my entire vacation — from leaving my front door to returning to my front door, including sleeping — costs 50¢ a minute.

4 Likes

:rofl: nice! I’m going to have to calculate that out myself. On second thought, maybe I don’t want to know.

3 Likes

same…
I have been resisting since @sanstitre_has_left_the_building posted that… also I am busy at work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am allergic to spending extra money, but did the SW dessert party and FOTLK dinning package and was so happy with the choice. The dessert party was really fun. I think they know that the fireworks are less impressive, so they amp up the party with cool stuff.
I was really impressed by the extras, and, if I ever go back, would ensure a budget for some to make the experience more enjoyable. I don’t think you’ll regret it.

2 Likes

I was agonizing over spending on upgrades, when DH said to me, “When have you ever regretted spending more on a vacation?”

Well, of course the answer was “Never.”

Disney is expensive just to even walk in the gate. The marginal cost of these upgrades is small compared to the additional benefit delivered. You won’t be sorry.

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement!

I don’t have the budget to do that many extras, but if I did you can bet your bottom I would!! Sounds like an amazing time!!

1 Like