350 New DVC Cabins Coming to Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort &

I am honestly not sure what regular studio cash prices are but I feel like the cabin prices have been creeping up already. We paid over $600 a night two years ago now.

3 Likes

that would be on the higher side…
In 2023, it looks like $448 was the lowest price last year. $600+ was Spring and holidays.
Spring needs to chill out :persevere: It my favorite time to go.

Bay Lake Standard studios were always over $600

2 Likes

I’m not sure if these prices reflect the new cabins but I ran a search and summer and September it was just under $50. Summer 23 rack rate was around $500 but with great room discount they offered it ended up being $400 per night.

2 Likes

This is what I paid for our stay in late August this year when I booked it this past August '23. I wonder if we will be in a regular cabin or a new one? :thinking:

2 Likes

You’ll almost certainly be in an old one. I think there’s only estimated to be about 15 cabins that will be ready for roll-out on 7/1 based on conversation in a recent podcast. They will most definitely give the new cabins to the first DVC bookings.

4 Likes

If they’ve declared 30 they really should have that number ready.

Otherwise some DVC members are going to be angry if they get an old one. The new kitchen is way better than the current one for a start.

5 Likes

Wholly agree

4 Likes

We also have a stay booked for late August this year. After speakimg to several cast members they assured me we would be in the old cabins. I asked if there would be any change in my stay they said no…but future stay would be affected. The one cast member said the old cabin availaibilty will be harder to get with less and less avilabilty as we get further into the year. So assuming the start switching the loops in July it may lilely take till the end of the year for the complete turn over to occur. I think until it 100% complete you have to consider them as 2 seperate resorts i think.

3 Likes

I’m not sure the bolded part of what they said to you makes sense.

Less than 10% of the cabins have been declared into DVC inventory. So unless they are over 90% booked already with cash stays from July onwards, no one should be bumped from them.

Unless of course they want a completely empty loop to remove the old and install the new cabins…. :thinking: But since they must have had a tentative opening date in mind for a couple of months, I would hope they’ve reduced available inventory for cash bookings accordingly.

Of course if the cabins sell faster than anticipated and they need to declare more cabins earlier then future stays could be affected. But it isn’t as if they haven’t done this before with other resorts. They usually err on the side of caution, otherwise the forums would be awash with irate guests having been moved from Riviera, GFV2 etc.

I thought one cabin loop was already closed, presumably for the installation of the new cabins. But by July 1st they really should have the 30 new cabins in place needed for DVC members. Any extra ones can be allocated to cash stays.

3 Likes

Correct, no one should get bumped. I think thats what they were trying to say to me. I booked a old cabin that is what I will get. I think if there are extra new DVC cabins they will be available for cash bookings…at a different price. I dont think they will just move me from my booked old cabin to a new one. They said that as the year goes on it may be harder to book those older cabins because there will be less inventory as they continie to transition. Which make me think that when they open booking for cash payers tjere will be dvc cabins and old cabims seperate for booking. If that makes sense. Like if you were to book at AKL…dvc rooms amd the resort rooms.

3 Likes

Depends what you mean by “DVC cabins”.

In order to sell points, DVC have to declare a batch of cabins into DVC. As people buy points they essentially buy a tiny part of a cabin, hence the jokes about owning a doorknob etc.

So with 30 cabins, they have to sell 30 x the total number of points it would take to book a cabin for 365 days.

As they get towards that figure they’ll declare another batch of cabins to not DVC.

But the cabins will ALL be replaced, probably before the end of the year. The current ones have reached the end of their shelf life. So by the end of the year all the cabins will be new, but most will still be owned by Disney, not DVC.

So as they install the new ones, some lucky cash bookers will be given a new cabin. Technically it won’t be a DVC cabin but it will be identical.

And by declaring a batch that doesn’t mean DVC members will only ever get given cabin numbers 1-30. Initially they probably will though
because there will only be a limited number of the new ones.

1 Like

…is this still “breaking”? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

Well the OP or one of the mods can fit the title if they want to.

3 Likes

Wait, you can! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I Probably should. I keep opening thinking “more?!” Annnnnnd it’s never more. Just refined details. :rofl:

Go go gadget edit button!

3 Likes

I saw the speculated poimt a few posts above but posting the actual points for the cabims for 2024

4 Likes

Key datea for when they go on sale are in this article. Not sure if they were already posted?

3 Likes

It’s just broken

1 Like

:smiling_imp:

1 Like

:x:

Gross misuse of powers

:blowfish:

2 Likes