350 New DVC Cabins Coming to Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort &

I was watching a DVC Fan video yesterday and apparently the last time they removed cabins they sold them to people or some campground somewhere!

2 Likes

Huh, thats awesome…that would be kinda cool to own a whole cabin from WDW! If only I had some where to put one :thinking:

2 Likes

I spoke to a cast member who didn’t know much but said the generic construction is usually kept to minimize guest disruption.

2 Likes

Juat read an update on the expected points range for the new DVC cabins. So less than a 1 BR and less than a the highest priced studios.

3 Likes

How many points is it going to be each night though???

I’m too lazy to go look up the others to get a sense of it.

If it’s less than a 1BR and more affordable than some studios I could see staying there with just DH. I often want us to be in a 1BR but it’s expensive when it’s not necessary and just for comfort.

2 Likes

They haven’t giving the exact chart because thats just speculation at this point. But I think they are basing the price range on the total # of points per unit for the year. That apprears to be known. If Disney keeps the rental calender in line with the rest of the resorts (and that’s a safe assumption) the nightly point cost should fall below the 1 BRs since there is currently less points per year assigned to a cabin than all of the 1 BRs.
I hope that made sense. Kinda confused my self a bit :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The suggested points chart is a surprise and might well attract a lot of interest.

But I see the map they show suggests the pool is smaller than the laundry! I assume this is an existing pool - so much for the hopes of a new fancier pool, let alone a QS place. Disappointing. :frowning:

2 Likes

I do think I remember reading that the pool area would just be renovated. It sounded like no new construction, just a refresh of pool and laundry.

1 Like

This is the speculation, to match the “Standard View Deluxe Studio.” Which is pretty reasonable to me!

3 Likes

The cabins aren’t actually too far from the main pool.

3 Likes

Yes but when this was first announced they certainly suggested there would be a dedicated pool with a new restaurant. I guess after the plans for Reflections people hoped for a swish new pool.

3 Likes

Yes, fair enough. A restaurant would definitely be nice since this is quite far from Trail’s End. I’m more disappointed by lack of laundry in the unit and having to brave the elements to go to the laundry room.

6 Likes

100% I find this very attractive. Especially now that DH really likes to do more laid back Disney trips these days (I go by myself too). When we are there in March, I am finding a reason for us to visit. We are staying at BRV, so that shouldn’t be too hard now that the Blue Flag boats are running.

3 Likes

In this way, they are defiantly treating these more like studios… kind of a bummer.

3 Likes

Also interesting that they will be subject to the resale restrictions. While not a surprise, I was interested to see how this would work given the trust situation.

3 Likes

Oh! I missed this. So like the Rivera resale restriction? Remind me the bullet points on this again please?

3 Likes

Buy resale and you can only book at that resort, nowhere else.

5 Likes

Is there a restriction that resale contracts from other resorts can not book at the new resorts at the 7 month mark? I can’t recall if that’s possible for Rivera.

3 Likes

Yes, resale after 2019 cannot book at the resorts built in 2019 or later so would include Fort Wilderness.

6 Likes

:anguished: Wonder what the cash price will look like? They aren’t terribly expensive now. Much less expensive then the average DVC studio cash price.

2 Likes