I’m doing this in a 3 questions format partially for simplicity sake, so people don’t have to click in 3 different posts, to answer each question, but if the moderators think is better to post them separately please let me know.
When it comes to the parks we are early risers, last Christmas on the busiest days of the year, we were literally the first people in every park we visited, and we got the pictures to prove it
We are planing to ride the two Galaxy Edge’s rides hopefully among the first groups that enter the park.
Now the question ares:
Galaxy Edge Strategy
Mentally I think we understand that we are probably going to do Galaxy Edge’s rides once, but especially Rise of the Resistance, because even if we are among the first groups to ride it, that ride is going to have a few hours of wait time during the whole day.
But what if there is a very slim chance of doing it again, when will this be?
- Getting back in the line, right after we finish riding it, to avoid waiting until more and more people enter the park?
- During lunch time?
- Late at night, close to the park closing time?
- Just keep monitoring the app for ride waiting times during the whole day?
At what time should we book our first fast pass for Hollywood Studios?
Our first fast pass is for 12:00 pm, just in case the Galaxy Edge takes a big part of our morning away. But I was wondering if I’m overreacting.
Since I don’t think there is a way we can do Galaxy Edge’s rides again in less than two hours after we exit the ride, we are planning to ride Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror while everyone else is still at Galaxy Edge, hopefully more than once, but this window is probably very small and pretty soon the queues will be long every where.
So considering all of the above:
A: Should we move our first Fast Pass for 10:30 am?
B: Is 10:30 am a bit too ambitious, so try to change it to 11:00 am?
C: Leave it for 12:00 pm in case things don’t go smoothly?
Keeping the Disney hotel reservation:
We are staying at the Royal Pacific for 6 nights in our 5 days Universal Studios trip, we are going to drive from the Royal Pacific to HS on December 17, while in the middle of our reservation, and then go back to the RP resort at night to continue visiting Universal Studios parks the next day.
The dilemma is that even though we already have a hotel, we booked a Disney’s Hotel very close to HS, just in case Disney decided to add extra magic hours close to our Dec 17 visit. Is only $157 and we can cancel it without penalties 5 days prior to our arrival, but after talking to a Disney cast member on the phone, she told me that Disney only add extra magic hours, months in advance and is not something they do close to the day.
Another thing is that since we want to stay at the park until it closes at 9:30pm, we purposely booked the Disney room from Dec 17 to 18, rather than 16 to 17, so in case Disney added magic hours, we could have a place to take a small break or nap, in case our kids have a hard time keeping up with staying until park closing hours after waking up so early.
Now our dilemma is:
A: Should we keep the room because the Disney cast member on the phone may be mistaking?
B: Should we keep the room just for a one time beak during the day?
C: Should we just cancel it?
I know at the end of the day these all are our decision to make, but I’m curious to listen to what will you guys do in these situations. Thanks!