3 people, 8 days, 0 dollars = My Travel Hack Plan

Hi all,

A few have shown interest on how I turned my hobbies of a) being cheap, b) always fidgeting with something into a Disney trip we probably never really thought we’d get around to actually spending money on. This made it so much easier to come to terms with it all. And money’s not an issue, but if it is for you or you’re like me and you just love a good value for the sake of it…here’s what I did to get it done for a family of 3.

One prior word, this isn’t meant to come off like a “This is the only way!” post, or as if I’m pushing a website to follow or whatever. I’m just a Scrooge-McDuck-In-Training and am writing this as I go with barely any edits. If anything is unclear or seems contradicting, it wasn’t meant that way. Just ask for clarification and I’ll do my best. I also don’t know EVERYTHING about travel hacking, but if there’s something you want to know and I can help, I will.

First I have to assume everyone knows the basics of travel hacking. If not, here you go:

1. Have good/great credit
  2. Be responsible (don’t ever NOT pay a monthly bill in full, thus causing APR to hit)
  3. Have money to float your bills if you need to “pad” spending to hit requirements if you do a lot of cards at once or have to spend more than you typically do.
  4. Be responsible (NEVER spend more than you can afford on a card. Just put daily expenses on it and let it pile up. If you need to “manufacture spend” to hit the requirements then be sure to research ideas on that, etc.)
  5. Be eager to learn and read up on the endless amounts of actual hacking sites to get all the latest ideas and basic “how to start” structuring. There IS a majorly important way to go about it in order to get some of the BEST bonus offers out there.

Here we go!

A couple of the cards DID have annual fees which were not waived in the first year, so I had to pay those. That’s $95, I think for 2 cards, but considering I have a large balance of reward points across the board remaining after redeeming for everything, I don’t really count them all as spent. So I don’t yet count the $$ invested. But if that IS important to you and you have to consider costs, then for 100% transparency I am $190 ($95 each for 2 card fees) into all of the following. That’s still a joke and pocket change for what I got out of it.

This is much easier with 2 people in the household, but my wife didn’t take to it for a while and only got 1 card to help with all of this. Had she been in from the get-go, we’d have been able to either do it much faster or pull off so much more. So if you have more than 3 in the family, that’s a big help to add redemption power.

This surely isn’t the best way to get the best values out of your points, but it is a way to get it done. And it was painless. You could double up on some of these cards with 2 people in the household, and easily have more “travel” specific costs covered (like getting 2 Arrival and Venture cards and applying them to hotel costs, etc. whereas I used a different approach).

My goal: go to Disney for a week as cheap as possible without driving, suffering, or using my valuable Chase UR point stash.

What: Park Tickets / 3x (2 adult/1child) 6-day park tickets
Which card: Barclays Arrival+ (70K sign-up bonus, after hitting the spending requirement I was left with an 82K+ worth of points, good enough for 1 adult/1 child ticket. I told my wife that her tickets were up to her; if she would agree to get a card (I’d even handle the spending, redeeming, etc. so she didn’t have to think twice) I’d be happy to do so, otherwise she can spend cash. She obliged and we got a CapitalOne Venture card, which I believe had a bonus of 50K (+the points you run up while hitting the spending requirements of course).
How: Purchasing through Undercover Tourist, Disney tickets are billed as TRAVEL expenses. This means the big-point travel rewards cards can be used to “erase”/redeem tickets as a travel purchase. As far as I know, this is the only way to get that done at least if not booking an entire package with a travel agent, etc.
Bonus: BANKED $210 balance on her Venture card (will apply to cover resort fees) and $200+ on my Arrival+, which I used to get Uber gift cards through United’s MileageX app which also bills as travel. So now we’re all set on misc. extras such as ground transportation and hotel resort fees.

What: Airfare (3x Delta direct flights)
Which card: Amex Delta Gold (60K signup bonus? Can’t recall). After hitting spending requirements I was of course left with thousands more than the 60K.
How: This turned out better than anticipated. I DID have 100K+ worth of Delta SkyMiles already, but expected to spend nearly all of them on this trip. So I got the Delta Gold card ($95 fee waived, I know for sure) good for 60 or 70K (whichever) to make sure I replenished whatever I spent, because I like to be able to fly free whenever I want. So I went ahead and booked very early, and was able to get my flights for 15K each! That saved me 50% worth of points I expected to use, leaving me again with another ton of points for later.
Bonus: Even IF I had to pay the $95 fee for this card, I still ended up with 30-40K worth of points ON TOP of redeeming to go to Disney…and that’s a solid deal.
One “cheat” I had is that I was holding a free flight voucher I finagled from Delta last year due to a snafu. Using this for 1 of the tickets saved me from having to redeem 15K more miles, but my plans had accounted to cover the ticket either way. Just a bonus.

What: Hotel - 7 nights @ Swan
Which card: N/A
Well, here’s a cheat. But it could have been done if I needed it. I had about 400K Bonvoy points and each night here is 50K worth. Stay 5 or 6 and get 1 free, so the total was 300K even. I wanted to stay HERE vs. an on-site Disney resort because it was the only on-site (Magic Hours and transportation were all we really cared about for perks) hotel at which we could redeem points. If I NEEDED to, we could have gotten 2 100K Chase Bonvoy cards to cover 2/3 of it, then another card or 2 throughout the year to cover the balance as a travel expense or cashback redemption. Just to give an idea of how that could have otherwise been done, had I not been stocked up already.

OR if you’d prefer a value resort like Animation, Movies, etc. you could always use one of the above (Arrival+/Venture) or similar that gives travel redemptions. Unless Disney charges those as ENTERTAINMENT, that is, in which case you’d have to rely on a cashback card bonus. Again, it can still be done if you pick the right card. At $100 or so per day you’d expect $600-800 after fees and such so that’s 60-80K roughly worth of points if you want to follow this plan and look up your own cards.

How: Marriott Bonvoy points, simple redemption through their site
Bonus: Well, the 50K points per night is a horrible value compared to what I’d do with them otherwise, but my project here was FREE DISNEY and that’s it. So I uncharacteristically blew a bunch of points, but oh well. As it happens I have a credit card which offers a $300 annual travel credit, so once we get there I plan to use that to cover 1 night and get 50K points back. That’ll leave me with a balance of almost $100 on my travel credit.

I think the worst part about the whole hotel thing, though I’m still keeping it since we’re all set with everything, is that we REALLY wanted to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours. With the way everything came down we only have 3 EMH days we’re taking advantage of. Hollywood Studios changed their morning open times and removed expected EMH, so that really becomes moot. Sure we’ll still get there early, but so will everybody else. They DID add evening magic hours, but I figure that will be busier as people can more easily stay up later than wake up earlier. We shall see.

Extras & some bonus hacking know-how: for all the remaining extras, a few of which again came from already-stocked points. But really, no one plans to pay for this stuff with points so it’s hardly a concern. Plus, you COULD cover all of that with 1 extra card at the 50K cashback level card, like Sapphire Preferred/Reserve. I think both have the same 50K bonus, but Preferred has a $95 fee while Reserve has a $450 ($550 later this year with many more perks). Reserve also has that $300 travel credit, so “paying” $450 up front and using the $300 to offset hotel or air costs as needed leaves a card fee of $150. You can also get a higher redemption rate through their portal with this card vs. Preferred, so if you happened to want to stay off-site you could easily do that through here with either of these cards and help cover costs that way. Depending how you split air & hotel and with which cards (cashback vs. travel), you can see how you have numerous options.

The final many words on this: So here’s what we had to play with for all the extras:
Wife had 56K worth of Chase UR points. I decided we’d just take the low cash value and blow them out. With them, we cashed in to cover $100 worth of upgraded Magic Bands, Memory Maker, and I used the balance to put toward Disney Gift Cards.

Now here’s where it gets even more fun. I think I had $280 worth of “cash” from her UR points. I bought a $500 Disney Gift Card online with a credit card offer to get some kickbacks plus the vendor’s #% off sale. In total, I SPENT $445 for a $500 gift card.

Actual cash out of pocket at this point: $165.

Since I already had the trip itself covered along with extras and lots of time to spare, I wanted to see what else I could do. I opened up a business checking account which offered a $500 sign-up bonus after you jump through their hoops. Add some money, add a direct deposit, leave it there for X days. It surprisingly took an hour to set this up in person, but if you do any side business type stuff you can rightfully open up such an account and go with it. I happen to have an actual use (not need, but use) for that anyway so I figured what the heck. Cost was $0 and my bonus even hits during my Disney trip. The $500 bonus, minus the $165 I already used of “real money” to get the $500 gift card, leaves me with a total of $335 new bonus money to spend willy-nilly. I bought $300 worth of Disney Gift Cards with that and we are off to the races.

For those wondering why I kept going after Disney Gift Cards, I am using another credit card that yields 5x points at office stores. So $800 worth of gift cards got me 4000 Chase UR points which believe it or not can be worked to redeem for a free night at a decent hotel with a value of around $100-120 depending where you go! Nothing fancy, but not a total dump. Or it could cover a few days worth of a cheap car rental. Actual cash value on that is only $40, so forget that.

This was all pretty simple, straight-forward, and fast. I consider myself pretty good with travel hacking but there are some out there who spend so high on “manufactured costs” by cycling/selling gift cards, buying money orders and banking them, etc. to rack up ungodly amounts of points, but that’s beyond the fun for me. I tried that before and it sucked. I barely had to think at all about any of ALL of this above. The worst part was waiting for the time thresholds to hit and wait out to apply for new cards. If it wasn’t for that I could have gotten twice as many cards and still not have had to think much about it. Of course, this was all done with normal monthly spending by throwing everything onto cards, and in some cases paying a couple bills a few months ahead just to expedite things. Wasn’t necessary, but was easier to make sure I satisfied a 3-month spending requirement in 1 month or so instead.

I think this covers everything! If anything is unclear, ask away. I tried to explain what I did vs. what an alternate idea could have been in most cases. Some cases I didn’t have to do anything and offered an idea on what could have been done otherwise.

Something I forgot: Sometime during the middle of the year I also got a Citi Premier card which came with a 60K point bonus. My original plan to blow this out for under $500 worth of “cash” value. I realized I could get 2x+ that value by transferring those points to a travel partner, and I felt enough was enough and decided to keep all of these for future use. This is pretty much where the checking account opening bonus came into play, to replace this with actual cash that is only as good as cash. Those Citi points are looking like a couple $700-900 plane tickets to Hawaii if I get the redemption right. FAR better than $480 cash which I don’t need for the sake of it.

10 Likes

Where were you X/24 before starting this? Did you get any Chase cards along the way? Which really leads me to my only tip to someone wanting to do something similar is to plan ahead enough to grab several Chase cards spread out over time to have those points in reserve (SW biz & personal for the CP, CSR/CSP for those valuable points later, Bonvoy could help with another night or two like you said, the Hyatt card could help with a stay at the airport hotel if the trip had a late arrival/really early departure, and the United card wouldn’t apply to this trip, but could have future utility). Then once you’re at 5/24, Delta looks a bit more attractive. But, this could affect Barclays.

This says it’s your first post. Welcome!

How did people show interest in your hobby if you haven’t posted here before?

2 Likes

Website/newsletter?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting here and connecting to chat!

1 Like

I have had a nagging question for some time, and this post really seems like a good place to ask it.

What, exactly, are “points” or “miles” that people talk about actually worth? I mean, when I see someone say, “I earned 50k points/miles,” what does that actually mean in any practical sense? From my uneducated perspective, I’d think it means you’ve earned traveling 50,000 miles for free! I doubt that is the case.

When I see credit card, then, that offer rewards in points or miles, it is quite meaningless to me. 1% reward on a Disney card, or cashback, etc., makes sense. 50k points? Maybe it is like when you go to Chuck E. Cheese and you can “buy” a pencil eraser for 100 tickets or something like that, and you only had to play 20 games earning 5 tickets each time to earn them…which means, in effect, the eraser cost $5. :slight_smile:

Subscribe to The Points Guy newsletter for daily read of this type of points hacking. My friend followed it same as done here. She spent a month flying around Europe from Tampa for free!!

1 Like

Impressive, I just feel over whellmed, but happy for you

It depends on the card. Some examples:
—Capital One Venture rewards card: you get 50,000 points just for signing up, if you spend $3000 in the first 3 months. Also each dollar you spend is worth 2 points. Annual fee is $95, but it is waived the first year. So assuming you put your normal everyday spend on the card, and pay it in full each month, it really is free money. Since the $3000 in spend is worth 6000 points, you’d have 56,000 points after meeting the spend requirement. The easiest redemption is to just get a statement credit for any purchase coded as travel (flights, hotels, Disney package, etc). It’s literally a click of a button. The 56,000 points are with $560. (Another bonus of the Capital One card - if you book hotels through Hotels.com you get 10x points.)

The Barclays Arrival card works the same way (statement credits for travel purchases) And was an even better deal since it’s welcome bonus resulted in 80,000 points worth $800, but I believe that card has been discontinued.

The Chase Sapphire cards are also great, but instead of redeeming through statement credits it is best to redeem by using their travel portal or by transferring to airline partners. I believe for the Sapphire Preferred card you get 60,000 points by signing up and meeting the spend requirement in the first 3 months (I can’t remember if it is $3000 or $5000). When redeemed through the travel portal (very easy for flights and hotels, no blackout dates or anything like that, and price is the same as what you’d pay directly), you deem at 1.25x value, so 60,000 points is worth $750 cash equivalent. Subtract the $95 annual fee from that and you’re still far ahead

—Marriott Bonvoy and similar cards typically value a point value worth a little less (unless you really know how to find the value hotels). So, for example, I believe there is a current deal where you can get 100,000 Bonvoy points for signing up for the credit card and spending $5000 in the first 3 months. I don’t think those 100,000 points are worth $1000 in most cases. As the original posted noted, he got the Swan or dolphin hotel for 50,000 points per night, but the cash price of the hotel is not $500.

Okay. Thanks. Makes sense. :slight_smile:

I thought I was over 5/24 when I started, and did it all w/o Chase cards. On a whim at the end of it, I applied for and was given an Ink Preferred card as I mentioned. So even w/all of this I got back under 5/24 again throughout the year. I looked at my history on CreditKarma and it shows me 3/24 for the past 2 years but I’d have to think I’m 4/24 or 5/24. Once I’m done w/the Ink Preferred I plan to downgrade my Sapphire Reserve to the Freedom Unlimited, and apply for the Sapphire Preferred when my 48mo. waiting period (Sapphire bonus waiting period) is up in Sept. If I get that or not will tell me with certainty where I stand with 5/24 :slight_smile:

Good rundown of the top-tier cards. I like Bonvoy points because where I tend to travel I can grab a room for 10-15K pts. At 100K bonus that’s good for up to 10 nights if I get the lowest redemption every time. Even if the Bonvoy card has a $95 fee, that’s $10 per night out of pocket :smiley: I actually do want to try getting the United Business card before I go for the Sapphire Preferred, since biz cards don’t count against 5/24 (although the approval for them does rely on it).

Delta has a hub where I live, so they most often have the best flight options. And for this trip, at 15K per ticket, that’s tough to beat. JetBlue is another great one for me and we know their point-values, etc. Sometimes I can get a round trip for under 10K (cheap), other times they’re double that. Big difference in, and lesson about, VALUE, for the other person who was asking about what points are worth.

The Southwest Companion biz/personal card double-whammy is another great mention. Since they’re both Chase and I’m all set w/other airlines, I’m leaving that for after I do the Sapphire Preferred and let 5/24 come down again. I think I’ve only flown Southwest once in 15 years, so…

I have been participating in the IN-PARK CHAT area of the mobile app, learning and watching all the in-park tips people have. I didn’t even realize the actual forum was here for a long time. I posted in there to announce my 6-day countdown 'til Disney, mentioned I did it all on points, and asked if anyone wanted to hear about it.

This is it, I’m not trying to be a points blogger.

This is the tough part to answer. I’m not trying to rewrite the internet so I’ll have to let someone else jump in or recommend you check out some of the big travel blogs. Someone asked if I was really “The Points Guy”, who is likely the most popular travel blogger ever. LOL no I am not. But he’s probably a great place to start. There are plenty though, and they all more or less say the same thing as far as basics go. As you learn that, down the rabbit hole you can go and just keep seeing how far you can really push points.

But I’ll give a quick little rundown ONLY regarding sign-up bonuses. Yes you can earn as you spend, but they don’t add up much compared to sign-up bonuses. You get a card, spend X dollars in X time to meet their requirements, they give you points, and if the card has a fee you can cancel it (or better yet, downgrade to a fee-free card to keep your credit limit & history intact), then repeat. Some people structure “manufactured” spending by buying/selling gift cards and stuff to help buffer their points pools for existing cards between sign-up bonuses on new cards but I don’t bother. I’ll make sure to put my monthly expenses on certain cards I want to add to, but it doesn’t add up much for months or more at a time. Certainly not for a vacation, but for instance we have a fee-free card that yields 5x at grocery stores, so at the end of the year that card can pull 2 nights worth at a Hilton.

That brings me to what points are worth. That varies greatly between programs. Hilton and Bonvoy are notorious for being “worthless”, which I don’t think is fair. They are in the sense that 100K points at either doesn’t go as far as 100K points in almost any other program. But…their signup bonuses and earning power on their cards is higher too. At least the signup bonuses are for sure. I think the lowest Hilton bonus I ever got was 75K (highest was 125K, and they even have a 150K but with a fee I will not pay to get the card). I think the spread on my Marriott/Bonvoy cards was between like 70K-100K. But you can expect to spend 15-30K on a standard room in many places. Then there’s Hyatt, which I think gives a 50K as a top bonus, but you can get comparable Hyatt rooms for 4-8K. So while Hilton/Marriott are “worthless”, they also throw them at you to help make up for it. Those 2 are also in many more places than Hyatt too, so that helps.

THEN with programs like Chase UR, Citi ThankYou, Amex Member Rewards, etc. you also get to choose between redeeming through their program portals for X% worth of points (typically points are worth .01 each, so 50K = $500 worth of travel redemption). But with transfer programs, you can get even better. I don’t memorize all this stuff but here is my current example. I’ve got about 500K worth of Chase UR points. That’s good for $5000 worth of travel or a bit more through their portal depending on the deal.

Chase transfers to Hyatt at a rate of 1:1. Remember I said Hilton & Marriott are “worthless”? Well, Chase transfers to those programs I think at 3:1. So moving points to those programs isn’t probably worth it, but if you wanted to you could. You would probably get a better deal redeeming rooms through the Chase travel portal program because being a Chase member offers you a % of savings on points redemptions. Again, that’s too much to get into and try to teach everything, but it’s an idea of how it works.

So anyway, those Chase points of mine. I want to go to Hawaii next Dec/Jan. Looking at a Hyatt hotel out there, I’m seeing a room rate of $600-800 per night. Chase UR redemption is like 50K per night. Not bad for the level of hotel this is, and where it is. But Hyatt has flat redemption rates and I will be transferring enough Chase UR points to the Hyatt program, and will redeem at 25K per night. That’s doubling their worth right there. So cashback redemptions are pretty much always the worst idea. Redeeming through travel programs is usually solid at worst, and transferring to partners (be it hotels or airlines) generally yields the best value upon conversion. Different point programs have different transfer partners, so that’s something you have to read up on too. Chase UR and Amex Member Rewards I believe are regarded as THE BEST programs for flexibility though, so start there. Citi ThankYou seems pretty great too, but I don’t stay on absolute top of things. I just learn as I go by reading whatever the pros say about a specific thing I want to learn about. Usually a new card I see/want, and I see how I can make the best use of it, etc.

The actual “cost of” obtaining points I kinda hit on. It relies on you not spending on unnecessary things to earn the signup bonuses, thus causing inflated spending. Assuming you only spend what you’d have spent otherwise, this will cost you $0 because you would have spent that $$ anyway. The only true cost is a card FEE, for which many cards is waived in the 1st year. Some of the best ones do not waive the fee, but still at $95 per card you would stand to spend that $95 in order to get $400 worth of travel redemption. You’re not spending $20 worth of tokens at Chuck E. Cheese to win a 5-cent eraser. Imagine you spend $20 worth of tokens and redeem for 10 free pizzas. If the pizza is useful to you that’s great. If you hate pizza then who cares. So if you were going to travel and spend money to do so, invest some time and effort (and MAYBE a little money IF you choose cards that have fees) and let it pay for itself.

2 Likes

I understand. I didn’t mean to come in here and be like “Hey look what I did! It’s so easy, you can do it too”. I know many people these days are involved with some light travel hacking, but still lack the know-how on leveraging. I was hoping I’d pique interest of some folks who kinda know, but kinda don’t, and bridge the gap between them being excited for 1 free flight to realizing they can do much more with their efforts.

I’d second that. I don’t subscribe to any sites because they’re always sending out ridiculous stories about redeeming something that never applies to you, places I never want to go, etc. But what I DO use them for is perusing their sites for general guidelines. The basics are the point programs like Chase UR, Amex MR, Citi TY, etc. Those can offer you travel redemptions through their programs or you can transfer those points out to airlines & hotels for better value. If anyone is interested in learning I’d recommend reading up on the ins & outs of such programs to get an idea of it. From there, you can read about how to take advantage of signup bonuses and so forth to rack up points. From there you can read about maximizing redemptions, etc. It’s never-ending, but if you take it one step at a time and read up on your “next steps”, it’ll all come together.

We have had the Chase Sapphire Reserve for a couple of years now and I am eyeing my next card since I’m most likely going to downgrade with the new annual fee. (I’m a suburban mom who has NO need for a Lyft subscription or Doordash.) We are going to Europe next year so I was looking at more of a “travel eraser” type card since I feel very constrained with the UR points. It looked like the Capital One Venture was the top, but I hadn’t even heard of the Barclaycard Arrival. Did you like one better than the other? Barclaycard looks like it has a higher bonus.

I think they come out pretty much the same for travel redemption (not counting partner transfer power, of which I’m not sure what leveraging is available). The 80K Arrival+ points were good for about $800 worth of park tickets plus some left over, and the Venture card 50K points covered $400 worth of tickets plus more left over. I think it’s a draw and the kicker would come from who has the best travel package offers or transfer options if you wish to go that route instead of a generic, simple “travel expenses” redemption off of your statement.

I was denied for the Venture card at one point, despite my credit score being mid-700s. I think it was due to heavy utilization from the other card I just finished and my statement not being paid off for month-end at the time. Or because I had a new card the month prior already. Either way, after that denial I just went for the Citi Premier card and was approved. So maybe Barclays is more stringent on their approvals. Plus, the Arrival+ had a 70K signup bonus vs. the Venture 50K bonus, so why not get those extra 20K points. As well, the comparable Citi Premier was 60K worth of points so that’s also better than 50K. I don’t think you can go wrong with either of the 3.

Remember when you downgrade the CSR you can get the CSP if you don’t already have it/ever had it. Just need to wait 48mo. between Sapphire bonuses.

Very cool! Welcome!!

It really depends on the program and how you use them. The Points Guy does monthly valuations of points/miles for the major programs. Note that this isn’t an actual cash value (except for cash-back cards like Discover), but instead an average value you could expect to redeem them for. As an example, Marriott Bonvoy points are values at 8 cents, but I recently did a points booking for 160,000 points that would have otherwise cost me $3,338, resulting in a value of 2.1 cents.

1 Like

You really have to figure this out for yourself, based on how you use points/miles. Points Guy does calculations, but those require assumptions based on how you’ll use the points. They explain that, but your situation is not necessarily the same as theirs. From what I can tell the Points Guy site is geared toward very frequent travelers who spend a lot of nights in hotels and fly frequently, so if your travel patterns are less frequent, then your point values may be different than they state. However, it’s a good starting point and reasonable for comparing different credit cards/mileage programs.

Some points are worth different amounts depending on how you spend them, too. For example, I’ve tracked Southwest Airlines point values off and on in recent years and found that depending on what flights I looked at the points can were worth anywhere between $0.0145 and $0.0189. Those numbers may not be exactly the same for someone else, but gives a rough idea of what each Southwest point is worth. Hotels are similar, too, since the same hotel with the same cost in terms of points may have very different prices in real dollars depending on when you choose to use your points to stay there.

Thanks for sharing all of this. It’s always helpful to hear from how folks are getting the most out of their credit card offers!

but, that comes with a free night voucher that can usually be used at a hotel that is charging far more than $95/night. It won’t get anyone a night at the Swan or Dolphin, but could apply to some other Marriott properties near Disney World (though, fewer places if you want to avoid resort and parking fees).

1 Like

Exactly! That’s why I don’t count any of the fees I’ve had to pay (again, only 2 in this case at most if I recall correctly)…because I still have benefits to redeem for later. I’m just mentioning it before someone unfamiliar with any of this says “ah, but you had to pay $95 for that credit card in the first place” as if the $500 worth of travel benefits it provided wasn’t a fair trade :wink:

1 Like

Thank you! I should have probably done research BEFORE asking the question, but it looks like the Barclaycard doesn’t exist anymore! Bummer.

I haven’t had any new cards in my name in 3 years. My husband got the SW card earlier this year for our companion pass. So I should hopefully be good to go with any of these. Still trying to decide if I want to do the CSP. I might just spend all of our miles before I cancel in May!