3 broomsticks or leaky cauldron

I remember somewhere reading that one was better than the other to eat at. I can’t find where I read this. Does anyone have an opinion or know which is recommended?

I’ve not been to either, but while listening to some podcasts as I prepare for my trip in October, I have heard that 3 Broomsticks is better.

Have a look at the menus. Have done 3 broomsticks and it was good. They do a family feast that is popular. The menu in Leaky doesn’t appeal to us Esp as were are from UK and some of the dishes are made incorrectly and look really weird compared to how I make them at home.

This past summer we ate at 3 Broomsticks as the menu at Leaky didn’t appeal to our youngest diners. We all had roasted chicken and sides for dinner. The meal was ok, but the theming was the highlight. Unfortunately, the food in the parks was mediocre at best…except for the yummy butter beer!

I just heard on a podcast that Leaky Cauldron is better so it’s funny that VJB heard the opposite. Only reporting what I heard from DIS unplugged. Haven’t been to either. Am just beginning some research into Universal as we’d like to go there.

MUCH prefer leaky cauldron. Kids loved the fish and chips (so did I). We Parents loved the plough mans platter, toad in a hole, and sticky toffee pudding. We found the chicken at three broomsticks greasy (to be fair we were there almost at closing but it was truly gross).

I ate at both and would recommend the Leaky Cauldron. I feel that the food quality is fairly comparable in both (disclaimer: I am from the US and wouldn’t notice the nuances anyway! ) but if you are familiar with the movies, eating in the Leaky Cauldron is an amazing experience simply because of the theming. I have 3 kids and they were all able to find something they would eat at the Leaky Cauldron. And be sure to try the frozen butterbeer! It was by far our favorite!

2 Likes