2022 Moonlight Magic @ AK Registration

Just checked this morning and the registration dates have been updated
moonlight-magic
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park

• Event Dates: July 26, 2022, August 31, 2022 and September 28, 2022
  • Registration Window: Members with a Disney Resort hotel reservation on the event date can register online for Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park events beginning June 28, 2022 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time. Event registration opens to all Members on July 13th, 2022 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time (pending availability).
3 Likes

and you don’t have to be staying in a DVC resort either :wink:

2 Likes

Booked Fort Wilderness last week…

2 Likes

from that same page:

*Resorts include :

• The following Disney Vacation Club Resorts: Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village, Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s BoardWalk Villas, Disney’s Old Key West Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and The Villas at Disney’s Grand
  • The following Walt Disney World Resort and Disney’s Beach Resorts hotels: Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort

Has anyone gotten a message from DVC with registration information?

1 Like

I would mark it on your calendar and bookmark the webpage.

1 Like

I have it marked on my calendar to try tomorrow.

Will the DVC Moonlight Magic webpage be updated with the registration link?

I haven’t tried to register for this before so I haven’t paid attention to what happened with the other parks.

2 Likes

Yes, that page should be updated. But others shoukd chime into confirm. I’ve only done it two other times

1 Like

I find it intriguing that, if you go by what they technically put on that page, resale owners should be able to book this. This is because they say on July 13, ALL MEMBERS should be able to book. And resale owners are, in fact, “Members”, but just don’t qualify for membership extras. They never say anywhere that they mean all members who qualify for Membership Extras.

And when you read the bottom of the page where they clarify who qualifies for Membership Extras, they actually use language that differentiates types of Members. There are Members who bought directly from DVD, and those who didn’t. Both are considered members.

Once again, I find it frustrating that Disney can’t get their language to be clear on this matter. They need to have a separate term for those who are Members who qualify for Membership Extras, and then list “products” based on that term. For example, maybe those who buy direct should be called “Deluxe Members” or “Premiere Members” or something. Then, they can say, “All Deluxe Members may book…” Or what have you.

But I feel like, should a resale owner push the matter, there is just reason to claim they qualify for this event based on the wording here of “all Members”.

2 Likes

The issue for Disney is the grandfathered-in people. But then they should more consistently use the phrase: “open to those who qualify for Membership extras”

That’s my point. They keep using the term “Member”. But you are a Member whether you bought resale or direct. I am a Member, even though I don’t qualify for “Membership Extras” due to the rule that I need to be, explicitly, a Member who bought directly at least 150 pts. But then they use the term “Member” over and over again, without directly qualifying it.

On this particular page, they actually use the phrase “ALL Members” (emphasis mine), which muddies the tank even further.

It would be really easy for them to just label and then differentiate by gold or silver members for example. Gold memers get x silver get nothing. Then it doesn’t matter how you got to be gold (direct purchase or grandfathered resale) you just know I am gold I get xyz.

I completely agree their language here is wrong. Saying “Memebers” but meaning “only those eleigible for extras” is lame and lazy. The TOTWL labguage did NOT make that mistake.

What I was saying is that they cannot use the phrases “resale” and “direct” as those aren’t accurate either. So they just need to be more careful and not throw "Memeber " around so losely.

1 Like

Email just came in for those of you watching

2 Likes

I don’t think they would ever use tiered terms. So maybe Memebers with access to extras are in the Pixie Dusted? A little something extra?

There already are tiers though, those with benefits and those without. They really just need to name them differently somehow instead of just saying members and then throwing an * with a disclaimer that is hard to interpret. Even if they used member and junior member or member and senior member.

I’m just trying to think of the ridiculous way Disney would name things to avoid cannoteting actual tiers (like the ones that actual exist). Toy Story memebers vs. Little Mermiad. Pirates and Lost Boys. Sorry my brain is fried and my Disney creative is lacking.

2 Likes

Incredibles vs Sorcerers?

3 Likes

Oooh yeah that would work. Anything is better than what they have now.

2 Likes

Think it came when I stopped watching my inbox for it. Figures.

2 Likes