2020 Resort Prices

Yes. Pop.

News update:

I just tried rebooking my trip online now.

Pop accommodation charge is now 10% higher.

Ticket is Ā£429

And Deluxe DDP, which I had last year is:

Is this for the same length of time?

If so, thatā€™s around Ā£36 more, for 7 nights, so only Ā£5 a night more. Roughly $6.25 a night more. Not as much as I thought it would be.

Edit: I see you said 6 nights, so Ā£6 / $7.50 a night increase.

1 Like

Yes. Six nights.

2 Likes

Thanks!

So do dates for the following year typically open up in June? I typically plan last-minute trips and stay off-site, so Iā€™m not usually shopping for WDW resorts 8 months in advance! :wink: I was surprised that I wasnā€™t able to view Jan/Feb dates at this time, but maybe thatā€™s normalā€¦ this is all new territory for me! :smile:

For US packages for the following calendar year, yes. And for finalised prices for a room-only booking too.

You can book a room up to 499 days ahead, but I think the price is variable at that point.

1 Like

Iā€™ve run the actuals after each of our trips and we save hundreds getting the DDP without working at it. For the meals we want to do, there is no question about the value. Could we go to WDW and eat much cheaper than the DDP? Of course! But eating the meals we would like to do and save up to do, it, without a doubt, saves us money. My DH always tells me to get it even if it doesnā€™t as he loves for one week out of the year to not think about price when ordering. But I know from running the numbers, it saves us money.

3 Likes

That is the key. For the way we eat at the parks, we would be over-spending with the DDP, and even the QS DP. We calculated out everything we would typically choose to eat at the parks, and found it would always costs us more to get the dining plan. The BEST case we figure out (where we would splurge a little on our dining), and it ALMOST broke even!

How do you view room prices that far in advance? All 2020 dates are blocked out at the top of the WDW home page. I have an AP and no interest in the dining plan, so I only care about viewing room rates.

Yes, that is definitely the key. Which is why it does make sense for a lot of families like ours but not for yours. I canā€™t imagine doing the QS plan. I canā€™t think of enough QS places I want to eat at the make that worth it. Depending on the trip and our plans though, the Deluxe could be nice. But the one we are on strikes almost the perfect balance for us most trips. We love it!

You canā€™t view the room dates online that far out. You have to phone, and the price wonā€™t be finalised until around this time of year.

Yeah. Most likely, the price at 499 days out is going to be quite high, so youā€™ll have to keep calling back as they offer discounts to get the price adjusted.

I tried to book a night at the Coronado Springs at 499 days out because I wanted to something cheap when we first arrived. Look at CS online, it had some very cheap pricing. But when I called with the date that was 499 days out, the cheapest room they had was more than TWICE the price as it was on-line.

Okay, that makes sense now! Thanks. :slight_smile:

Is there a specific time these are released? Like 7am or something? Just curious.

You can never tell. I have seen some things loaded in the system in the middle of the night and sometimes late morning.

1 Like

So youā€™re telling me, iā€™ll be pulling an all-nighter? :wink:

I think they will still be there in the morning. Check at 6!

1 Like

Haha, sounds good.

1 Like

I agree itā€™s personal. I did my first character at DLR (with grandma, not DH) and while it was cute, and my kids were cute (2.5 yrs and 8), it wasnā€™t nearly as wonderful as the huge hug my kids gave Mickey at his house meet and greet in the park itself (the A/C was nice though since it was a 104 degree heat wave in Anaheim in late Oct!)). However I can totally see how using the dining plan could allow you to really go to town on all things Disney! Unfortunately, my last trip I planned under the ADR ā€˜hypeā€™ and we had an arrival dinner for my mother in laws bday at Artist Point (then a signature). It was a let down in terms of price/value for food/service/ambience and thus I cancelled every ADR after (CG, Jiko) and we ate offsite at nice ā€œishā€ restaurants (I had open table back ups). Most were nothing to write home about (except Seasons 52 thanksgiving dinner), but the check was easy on the wallet. However we were paying OOP. For this long 8 night onsite visit (or 6 if I move to UOR in protest of HS tier changes), Iā€™m settling on just a few less traditional TS, (thinking breakfast in dvc - 1-bedroom), and then Jungle/Skippers, the Wave, Sanaa, Yak and Yeti (w/Landry card) and Spice Road (or maybe just Tangerine QS) and maybe Mamaā€™s Fantastic DP (not for food but for darn F!). I had to miss on F! on my last two visits, so am bent on rectifying). We will otherwise eek by with QS with Satuli, Pecos, Sunshine Grill, and Contempo Cafe plus two EMM breakfasts (where we are paying for rides, not really breakfast). I have a 65lb 11 year old (a Disney adult?) who eats nothing on his hungriest day plus a 5 year old, and a husband who rarely drinks so Iā€™d have to really up my TS game to make math work and I feel like Iā€™d be forcing it (ie. going to buffets we wonā€™t appreciate or getting 4 apps and 4 desserts when normally weā€™d get one app for whole table and rarely even one dessert for the table. I will admit Iā€™m tempted to add one character bfast (tuskers?) just ā€œbecauseā€ but I keep remembering that the price/value wasnā€™t there when I did it in DLR, even if that one meal could be deal breaker to upgrade to dining plan. I used one of the dining plan calcs, and the math doesnā€™t work on my current plan, and even more so if I upgrade to AP and get 10% discount.