2020 Moonlight Magic

Can you book now ???
I thought you have to wait until …

Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Tuesday January 21, Tuesday February 11 and Tuesday February 25, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday November 20, 2019; others can register Wednesday December 4.

Magic Kingdom: Tuesday March 3, Tuesday April 21 and Tuesday April 28, 2020. Booking for those with hotel reservations begins Wednesday January 8; others can register Wednesday January 15.

Please let me know right away if you where successful !

I think what @DumboRunner said was that she immediately booked onsite stays for those dates? Since you need to have a confirmed reservation to book on opening day?

3 Likes

I noticed the Thanksgiving one, and the others, are all listed in the latest edition of Disney Files. I only got mine today but that’s because they use the slow boat across the Atlantic.

The others are all listed online too. Odd about Thanksgiving though.

Yes, this. Booking onsite stays then opens the opportunity to get Moonlight Magic slots, it does not guarantee them.

I’m sorry to not be clear! And thanks for helping me clarify!

1 Like

Have you booked in the past? Is it a virtual queue? From the DVC website?

Yes, just once and I lucked out. I got on the queue the minute it opened — I remember there being instructions on the site as it got closer. I was in the queue for 10-15 minutes, then thru. This with an on-site reservation, I understand its much more difficult without one. To be able to try to book for the earlier window, you must have a confirmed reservation in your account. It doesn’t have to be a DVC points reservation (mine wasn’t) but it has to be in your name and registered on MDE.

1 Like

Thanks, I happen to have a confirmed CC studio for one of the MK nights. Just luck I guess. I am going to try.

1 Like

me too. i had april 21 booked for star wars race weekend. Bonus opportunity!!! I booked Sept 15 CC — had to do a 1 bedroom - to try for the HS dates

2 Likes

I have points I have to use before August, so I might look at June. I am glad I know this now!

Thank goodness ,
I have had such a hard time planning this year -getting the resorts and ADR’s
I wanted - I think I just am getting shell shocked - or just stalking fatigue - I did read the e-mail and mark down the date
but when @DumboRunner said she booked i thought I missed something -
I went to the very 1st party at MK and it was really fun and cool a couple days later they did the 2nd and it was like people where crazy ,lines for snacks 75 or more people long ,people hording chicken nuggets like they where gold -most attraction lines where long and this was way pre 7DMT
but my vacation dates have not lined up even close for quite a few years now
so I am excited to try again -
when did they switch to online queue ?
Can someone please give me a quick …what I need to do to be successful with this
my trip is from Feb 20th - March 9th so
I will be there for AK on Feb 25th and MK on march 3rd
any help or tips would be appreciated

1 Like

I can tell you they switched to the new system just for the last Moonlight Magic, or maybe two.

Reports from those who had experienced the previous system were positive, whether or not they were successful in getting tickets.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I saw the announcement on my newsfeed before I received the email.

We have a dates booked during the January AK night. Fingers crossed we can score this!

For those who have been before, is this the event that includes a meal voucher?

1 Like

yes, it includes a meal voucher. i didn’t use mine, but nice perk

1 Like

Well bah…I didn’t get an email about moonlight events and I checked spam/junk/clutter as Bigmikeh suggested too. BUT while on hold, for 45 min, waiting to talk to a DVC person I looked at mbr. benefits and found the moonlight events etc., marked them on my calendar and the DVC-CM gave the loveliest suggestion to ensure I could call and book early :wink: Yep, I booked a room for the night of the event… a Savanah Room. I’m so excited!!! Now, if Covid-19 would kindly step-aside… BTW, our family just became DVC mbrs right before the world went to hell and have yet to use a single point :frowning: I’m living vicariously through all your posts <3

1 Like