2018 Food and Wine Festival menu

So I just saw the menu was released (I know, i’m a lil’ slow). Holy crap some of that sounds amazing. Anyone have any particular recommendations beyond the cheddar cheese soup?

https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/08/01/2018-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-menus-released/

2 Likes

Not a personal recommendation, but there is a pancake milkshake ??? I noted about 20 items that sounded delish! And then of course the beverages. So following for recs as well.

RIGHT?? I also noticed the Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles and Vegan Tzatziki (V). not that I’m vegan, but I loves nachoes and I love a good Tzatziki sauce.

Also… Ghirardelli Drinking Chocolate (Non-alcoholic)… what’s the motto for this thing? “Diabetes or Die Trying??” :smile:

4 Likes

I love seafood so Coastal Eats is my favorite booth.

Did you get the app?

4 Likes

Someone mentioned the Food & Wine app by WDW on the chat yesterday and the app is great! You can save what you want to try, rate it, find it on the map, ect. Highly recommend!

2 Likes

Clearly I don’t type fast enough!

…>quiet whisper< there’s an APP?!

2 Likes

The pork belly is a perennial favorite. The spicy lamb in Australia is delish. Escargot croissant in France is a garlicky delight.

1 Like

And I love that app. Use it every year to budget and prioritize my choices!

4 Likes

Got to Disney tourist blog and he has tips from last year. Some items same as last year

1 Like

what’s “M.I.A.” stand for?

thanks

Where is that listed on one of the links?

3 places
M.I.A. Beer Company HRD WTR Pineapple Coconut Hard Sparkling Water, Doral, FL

M.I.A. Beer Company Barbossa Black Beer, Doral, FL

M.I.A. Beer Company Blue-berry Golden Ale, Doral, FL (RGB Flight)

… I guess it’s a brand?

1 Like

Yes!

1 Like

You have the best links! First the laundry machine availability, then the dining plan calculator and now this! What next?

3 Likes

I’m just gonna say I did not like that cheddar cheese soup. By all means, try it, but the hype is way over the top. It was super salty and the flavor was … not good.

The seafood salad at Spain was outstanding. The escargot croissant in France, the filet in Canada, the smoked salmon w/potato pancake in Scotland. All of those are winners and I’ll be getting multiples of all this time around.

1 Like

The butternut squash ravolli has me intrigued. I’m gonna be so poor by the time I get home lol

2 Likes

Our DD4’s absolute favorite is the lobster roll from Hops & Barley. Their slider is excellent too. France is usually pretty good overall, as is India.

Oh, and I agree with @disney1974 - I don’t think the cheddar soup is anywhere near the best thing at the F&WF. Plus is kind of bugs me that Canada always has the exact same things on the menu (apart from that year when they served a different sauce with the filet and the internet almost died). I wish they’d add something else, perhaps a poutine?

1 Like